Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print Range Only Once Per File Post 302541730 by shamrock on Monday 25th of July 2011 12:58:59 PM
Old 07-25-2011
how about good old ex...
Code:
ex -s +'/^100/,/^Building/-3 p | q!' file

Last edited by shamrock; 07-25-2011 at 02:10 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to print file names in a certain date range using ls

I need to list only file names of a specific date from the command ls -lt. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamwari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print range of a line?

Hi , I have a file content like following. In few lines I have fields with '"' and in few not. "Country" character varying(150), "Region" character varying(60), "Total Page Requests" numeric, "Pages Served" numeric, "Ad request" numeric, Ads Served ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pattern range to a new file

Hi Everyone! I really appreciate all of your help, I'm learning so much, can't wait until I get good enough to start answering questions! I have a problem ... from one large file, I'd like to create multiple new files for each pattern block beginning with /^ISA/ ending with /^IEA/ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print first matching range in awk?

following is input - <Schema> <schema_name>admin</schema_name> <Version>1.1</Version> <schema_name>admin</schema_name> <Version>1.2</Version> </Schema> ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thearpit
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print range of fields

Hi file.in and file.out are in csv format. the code I have now is, cat file.in | awk -F"," '!($1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8 in a){a;print $0}' > file.out Here, I am printing entire line using $0. however, I want to print $1 to $150 and it should be in csv format. Cut -d is not good in performace.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnix
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print range of numbers

Hi I am getting an argument which specifies the range of numbers. eg: 7-15 Is there a way that i can easily (avoiding loop) print the range of number between and including the specified above. The above example should translate to 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print specific range using awk?

I want to print specific range of rows and then its columns using awk command. lets say if a file contain 15 line then i need to print line 5 to 9. awk '{print;for( NR>=5&&NR<=9); do; print "<tr>\n<td>"$1"</td><td>"$2"</td><td>"$3"</td>\n</tr" done}' xyz.csv not sure what's wrong... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: amyt1234
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print out lines that do not fall between range in file

In the awk below I am trying to print out those lines in file2 that are no between $2 and $3 in file1. Both files are tab-delimeted and I think it's close but currently it is printeing out the matches. The --- are not part of the files they are just to show what lines match or fall into the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Advise on how to print range of lines above and below a number?

Hi, I have attached an output file which is some kind of database file mapping. It is basically like an allocation mapping of a tablespace and its datafile/s. The output is generated by the SQL script that I found from 401 Authorization Required Excerpts of the file are as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies
APT-EXTRACTTEMPLATE(1)							APT						    APT-EXTRACTTEMPLATE(1)

NAME
apt-extracttemplates - Utility to extract DebConf config and templates from Debian packages SYNOPSIS
apt-extracttemplates [-hv] [-t=temporary directory] file... DESCRIPTION
apt-extracttemplates will take one or more Debian package files as input and write out (to a temporary directory) all associated config scripts and template files. For each passed in package that contains config scripts and templates, one line of output will be generated in the format: package version template-file config-script template-file and config-script are written to the temporary directory specified by the -t or --tempdir (APT::ExtractTemplates::TempDir) directory, with filenames of the form package.template.XXXX and package.config.XXXX OPTIONS
All command line options may be set using the configuration file, the descriptions indicate the configuration option to set. For boolean options you can override the config file by using something like -f-,--no-f, -f=no or several other variations. -t, --tempdir Temporary directory in which to write extracted debconf template files and config scripts. Configuration Item: APT::ExtractTemplates::TempDir -h, --help Show a short usage summary. -v, --version Show the program version. -c, --config-file Configuration File; Specify a configuration file to use. The program will read the default configuration file and then this configuration file. If configuration settings need to be set before the default configuration files are parsed specify a file with the APT_CONFIG environment variable. See apt.conf(5) for syntax information. -o, --option Set a Configuration Option; This will set an arbitrary configuration option. The syntax is -o Foo::Bar=bar. -o and --option can be used multiple times to set different options. SEE ALSO
apt.conf(5) DIAGNOSTICS
apt-extracttemplates returns zero on normal operation, decimal 100 on error. BUGS
APT bug page[1]. If you wish to report a bug in APT, please see /usr/share/doc/debian/bug-reporting.txt or the reportbug(1) command. AUTHORS
Jason Gunthorpe APT team NOTES
1. APT bug page http://bugs.debian.org/src:apt Linux 29 February 2004 APT-EXTRACTTEMPLATE(1)