Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Files older than 50 days
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Files older than 50 days Post 302541728 by alok.behria on Monday 25th of July 2011 12:55:53 PM
Old 07-25-2011
Files older than 50 days

Hi All,

OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license

I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ?

Code:
wmqa1> find . -ctime -50 | ls -ltr
total 153667144
drwxr-xr-x   2 orawmq1    dba             96 Jun 15  2006 lost+found
-rw-r--r--   1 orawmq1    dba        1684817920 May 22  2009 exp_icc_schema.dat
-rw-r--r--   1 orawmq1    dba           3439 Dec 20  2010 webmdata_wmqa1_exp.log
-rw-r--r--   1 orawmq1    dba         249856 Dec 20  2010 webmdata_wmqa1_exp.bck
-rw-r--r--   1 orawmq1    dba          86325 Jul 25 03:53 full_wmqa1_exp.log
-rw-r--r--   1 orawmq1    dba        76992369664 Jul 25 03:53 full_wmqa1_exp.bck

hare krishna

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files older than 7 days

can anyone tell me how I would write a script in ksh on AIX that will delete files in a directory older than 7 days? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: texasoeb
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than X days.

Hi All, I am using below code to delete files older than 2 days. In case if there are no files, I should log an error saying no files to delete. Please let me know, How I can achive this. find /path/*.xml -mtime +2 Thanks and Regards Nagaraja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files older than 2 days.

Hi All, I am new to the scripting and using solaris 10 OS. Please suggest me from the below script which modifications need to be done to delete the files more that 2days older. Current script is deleting existing file. # Remove old explorer runs if needed DIR=`dirname ${EXP_TARGET}` if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files older than 10 days.

Hello all, I want to list the files older than 10 days. Currently am using find ./ -mtime +10 -exec ls -ltr {} \; command. But I want to execute the same command in 16 directories at a time and want an output asking to remove those file? Please help me to design the script. regards, Ajay (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02Ajay
3 Replies
PAM_ABL.CONF(5) 						 Linux-PAM Manual						   PAM_ABL.CONF(5)

NAME
pam_abl.conf - Configuration file for pam_abl PAM module. SYNOPSIS
Configuration file for both the pam_abl(8) PAM module, and the pam_abl(1) command line tool. DESCRIPTION
Syntax word ::= /[^s|/*]+/ name ::= word | '*' username ::= name servicename ::= name userservice ::= username | username '/' servicename namelist ::= userservice | userservice '|' namelist userspec ::= namelist | '!' namelist multiplier ::= 's' | 'm' | 'h' | 'd' number ::= /d+/ period ::= number | number multiplier trigger ::= number '/' period triglist ::= trigger | trigger ',' triglist userclause ::= userspec ':' triglist rule ::= userclause | userclause /s+/ rule Rule syntax Each rule consists of a number of space separated user clauses. A user clause specifies the user (and service) names to match and a set of triggers. A simple example would be *:10/1h which means block any user () if they are responsible for ten or more failed authentication attempts in the last hour. In place of the which matches any user a list of usernames can be supplied like this root|dba|admin:10/1h which means block the users root, dba and admin if they are responsible for ten or more failed authentication attempts in the last hour. You can also specify a service name to match against like this root/sshd|dba/*:3/1d which means block the users root for service 'sshd and dba for any service if they are responsible for three or more failed authentication attempts in the last day'. Finally you can specify multiple triggers like this root:10/1h,20/1d which means 'block the user root if they are responsible for ten or more failed attempts in the last hour or twenty or more failed attempts in the last day. Multiple rules can be provided separated by spaces like this *:10/1h root:5/1h,10/1d in which case all rules that match a particular user and service will be checked. The user or host will be blocked if any of the rule triggers matches. The sense of the user matching can be inverted by placing a ! in front of the rule so that !root:20/1d is a rule which would match for all users apart from root. It is important to treat root as a special case in the user_rule otherwise excessive attempts to authenticate as root will result in the root account being locked out even for valid holders of root credentials. The config file can contain any arguments that would be supplied via PAM config. In the config file arguments are placed on separate lines. Comments may be included after a # and line continuation is possible by placing a back slash at the end of the line to be continued. Here is a sample /etc/security/pam_abl.conf: # /etc/security/pam_abl.conf debug host_db=/var/lib/abl/hosts.db host_purge=2d host_rule=*:10/1h,30/1d user_db=/var/lib/abl/users.db user_purge=2d user_rule=!root:10/1h,30/1d All of the standard PAM arguments (debug, expose_account, no_warn, try_first_pass, use_first_pass, use_mapped_pass) are accepted; with the exception of debug and no_warn these are ignored. The arguments that are specific to the PAM module are as follows: host_db, user_db Specify the name of the databases that will be used to log failed authentication attempts. The host database is used to log the hostname responsible for a failed auth and the user database is used to log the requested username. If host_db or user_db is omitted the corresponding auto blacklisting will be disabled. host_purge, user_purge Specify the length of time for which failed attempts should be kept in the databases. For rules to work correctly this must be at least as long as the longest period specified in a corresponding rule. You may wish to retain information about failed attempts for longer than this so that the pam_abl command line tool can report information over a longer period of time. The format for this item is a number with an optional multiplier suffix, s, m, h or d which correspond with seconds, minutes, hours and days. To specify seven days for example one would use 7d. Note that in normal operation pam_abl will only purge the logged data for a particular host or user if it happens to be updating it, i.e. if that host or user makes another failed attempt. To purge all old entries the pam_abl command line tool should be used. host_rule, user_rule These are the rules which determine the circumstances under which accounts are auto-blacklisted. The host_rule is used to block access to hosts that are responsible for excessive authentication failures and the user_rule is used to disable accounts for which there have been excessive authentication failures. The rule syntax is described in full below. host_clr_cmd, host_blk_cmd, user_clr_cmd, user_blk_cmd These specify commands that will run during a check when an item switches state since its last check. host_clr_cmd and user_clr_cmd will run if the host or user is currently allowed access. host_blk_cmd and user_blk_cmd are run if the host or user is currentlybeing blocked by their respective rules. If no command is specified, no action is taken. Within the commands, you can specify substitutions with %h, %u and %s, which will be replace with the host name, user name and service currently being checked. If there isn't enough information to fulfill the requested substitutions (eg. running the pam_abl tool without specifying all the necessary fields), the command will simply not run. EXAMPLE
# /etc/security/pam_abl.conf debug host_db=/var/lib/abl/hosts.db host_purge=2d host_rule=*:10/1h,30/1d host_blk_cmd=iptables -I INPUT -s %h -j DROP user_db=/var/lib/abl/users.db user_purge=2d user_rule=!root:10/1h,30/1d user_clr_cmd=logger This is a pointless command! user: %u host: %h service: %s SEE ALSO
pam_abl.conf(5), pam_abl(1) AUTHORS
Andy Armstrong <andy@hexten.net> Chris Tasma <pam-abl@deksai.com> GNU
01/13/2010 PAM_ABL.CONF(5)