Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compare two columns and retrieve data Post 302541715 by yazu on Monday 25th of July 2011 11:46:42 AM
Old 07-25-2011
Your file doesn't have unix newlines. Change them and try this:
Code:
awk '{ a[$1] = $1 } $5 == a[$5]' problem.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data and columns script

Hello all, I have below SQLs to compare data between 2 identical tables.in my database. Can any body help me to convert this into a script db2 "select *from TAB1 where PK IN (select PK from TAB2) order by BEDG_NR". Note: These SQL should run for any given 2 tables as input TAB1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column

Dear All, I am new to this forum and please ignore my little knowledge :p I have two types of data (a subset is given below) data version 1: 439798 2 1 451209 1 2 508696 2 1 555760 2 1 582757 1 2 582889 1 2 691827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More time to retrieve data from DB

Hi All, It takes around one hour to retrieve 3 lakhs data from DB. I feel this can be still more reduced, please help me in improvising the below code, to get it retrieve faster, atleast 30 to 45 minutes. sqlplus -s ${OCAU_DB_UNAME}/${OCAU_DB_UPSWD}@${OCAU_DB_NAME} > /apps/data/filedata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve lines that the first 4 columns have different values

Hi, all: I am not familiar with unix,and just started awk scripts. I want to retrieve lines that have the first 4 columns with different values. For example, the input is like this (tab delimited file with one header) r1 A A A A x r2 A B B A x r3 B B B B x the output should be (header is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awkin2011
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell script to compare files and retrieve connections

Hello, I want to use shell script to generate network files (I tried with python but its taking too long). I have a list of nodes: node.txt LOC_Os11g37970 LOC_Os01g07760 LOC_Os03g19480 LOC_Os11g45740 LOC_Os06g08290 LOC_Os07g02800 I have an edge-list as well: edge.txt Source_node ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)