Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compare two columns and retrieve data Post 302541709 by joeyg on Monday 25th of July 2011 11:24:31 AM
Old 07-25-2011
Please post, wrapped by CodeTags, a sample of the text file.
Many people do not want to download external files here.
This User Gave Thanks to joeyg For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve data using awk command

I have a txt file with below data (textfile1.txt) select col1, col2 from Schema_Name.Table_Name1 select * from Schema_Name.Table_Name2 select col1, col2, col3 from Schema_Name.Table_Name3 select col1 from Schema_Name.Table_Name4 My output should look like Table_Name1 Table_Name2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasad4004
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data and columns script

Hello all, I have below SQLs to compare data between 2 identical tables.in my database. Can any body help me to convert this into a script db2 "select *from TAB1 where PK IN (select PK from TAB2) order by BEDG_NR". Note: These SQL should run for any given 2 tables as input TAB1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanakaraju
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to compare two columns and fetch the common data with additional column

Dear All, I am new to this forum and please ignore my little knowledge :p I have two types of data (a subset is given below) data version 1: 439798 2 1 451209 1 2 508696 2 1 555760 2 1 582757 1 2 582889 1 2 691827... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evoll
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

More time to retrieve data from DB

Hi All, It takes around one hour to retrieve 3 lakhs data from DB. I feel this can be still more reduced, please help me in improvising the below code, to get it retrieve faster, atleast 30 to 45 minutes. sqlplus -s ${OCAU_DB_UNAME}/${OCAU_DB_UPSWD}@${OCAU_DB_NAME} > /apps/data/filedata.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve lines that the first 4 columns have different values

Hi, all: I am not familiar with unix,and just started awk scripts. I want to retrieve lines that have the first 4 columns with different values. For example, the input is like this (tab delimited file with one header) r1 A A A A x r2 A B B A x r3 B B B B x the output should be (header is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2awkin2011
15 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell script to compare files and retrieve connections

Hello, I want to use shell script to generate network files (I tried with python but its taking too long). I have a list of nodes: node.txt LOC_Os11g37970 LOC_Os01g07760 LOC_Os03g19480 LOC_Os11g45740 LOC_Os06g08290 LOC_Os07g02800 I have an edge-list as well: edge.txt Source_node ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
Apache::TestSmoke(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Apache::TestSmoke(3pm)

NAME
Apache::TestSmoke - Special Tests Sequence Failure Finder SYNOPSIS
# get the usage and the default values % t/SMOKE -help # repeat all tests 5 times and save the report into # the file 'myreport' % t/SMOKE -times=5 -report=myreport # run all tests default number of iterations, and repeat tests # default number of times % t/SMOKE # same as above but work only the specified tests % t/SMOKE foo/bar foo/tar # run once a sequence of tests in a non-random mode # e.g. when trying to reduce a known long sequence that fails % t/SMOKE -order=rotate -times=1 foo/bar foo/tar # show me each currently running test # it's not the same as running the tests in the verbose mode % t/SMOKE -verbose # run t/TEST, but show any problems after *each* tests is run # useful for bug reports (it actually runs t/TEST -start, then # t/TEST -run for each test separately and finally t/TEST -stop % t/SMOKE -bug_mode # now read the created report file DESCRIPTION
The Problem When we try to test a stateless machine (i.e. all tests are independent), running all tests once ensures that all tested things properly work. However when a state machine is tested (i.e. where a run of one test may influence another test) it's not enough to run all the tests once to know that the tested features actually work. It's quite possible that if the same tests are run in a different order and/or repeated a few times, some tests may fail. This usually happens when some tests don't restore the system under test to its pristine state at the end of the run, which may influence other tests which rely on the fact that they start on pristine state, when in fact it's not true anymore. In fact it's possible that a single test may fail when run twice or three times in a sequence. The Solution To reduce the possibility of such dependency errors, it's helpful to run random testing repeated many times with many different srand seeds. Of course if no failures get spotted that doesn't mean that there are no tests inter-dependencies, which may cause a failure in production. But random testing definitely helps to spot many problems and can give better test coverage. Resolving Sequence Problems When this kind of testing is used and a failure is detected there are two problems: 1. First is to be able to reproduce the problem so if we think we fixed it, we could verify the fix. This one is easy, just remember the sequence of tests run till the failed test and rerun the same sequence once again after the problem has been fixed. 2. Second is to be able to understand the cause of the problem. If during the random test the failure has happened after running 400 tests, how can we possibly know which previously running tests has caused to the failure of the test 401. Chances are that most of the tests were clean and don't have inter-dependency problem. Therefore it'd be very helpful if we could reduce the long sequence to a minimum. Preferably 1 or 2 tests. That's when we can try to understand the cause of the detected problem. This utility attempts to solve both problems, and at the end of each iteration print a minimal sequence of tests causing to a failure. This doesn't always succeed, but works in many cases. This utility: 1. Runs the tests randomly until the first failure is detected. Or non-randomly if the option -order is set to repeat or rotate. 2. Then it tries to reduce that sequence of tests to a minimum, and this sequence still causes to the same failure. 3. (XXX: todo): then it reruns the minimal sequence in the verbose mode and saves the output. 4. It reports all the successful reductions as it goes to STDOUT and report file of the format: smoke-report-<date>.txt. In addition the systems build parameters are logged into the report file, so the detected problems could be reproduced. 5. Goto 1 and run again using a new random seed, which potentially should detect different failures. Reduction Algorithm Currently for each reduction path, the following reduction algorithms get applied: 1. Binary search: first try the upper half then the lower. 2. Random window: randomize the left item, then the right item and return the items between these two points. t/SMOKE.PL t/SMOKE.PL is driving this module, if you don't have it, create it: #!perl use strict; use warnings FATAL => 'all'; use FindBin; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../Apache-Test/lib"; use lib "$FindBin::Bin/../lib"; use Apache::TestSmoke (); Apache::TestSmoke->new(@ARGV)->run; usually Makefile.PL converts it into t/SMOKE while adjusting the perl path, but you create t/SMOKE in first place as well. AUTHOR
Stas Bekman perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 Apache::TestSmoke(3pm)