Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers slim window manager for a thin client Post 302541391 by ccc on Sunday 24th of July 2011 12:05:41 PM
Old 07-24-2011
slim window manager for a thin client

hi

I'm looking for a slim and quite comfortable window manager for a unix/linux thin client?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Setting window manager manually for GNome

So, I just finished building a FreeBSD box from the ground up using only the ports collection and got my box up and running with XFree86 4.1.0 and KDE 2.2. Some of the tools that I installed required GNome so I installed GNome 1.4 as well. When I fire up GNome I get informed that my window... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auswipe
1 Replies

2. Linux

configuring same /bash for 4 computer which is thin client

i m doing project on LAN TELEPHONY in Red Hat linux i have files as datbase to store the user name and passeord an all other information. Now i have thin client at my college. so to access /dev/dsp for audio is not possible on server. So i have written code which run on /base since it has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Window Manager of the ... Choice

Inspired by Window Manager of the Year threads from LinuxQuestions.org Like these: 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 I wonder what WMs are used by UNIX people ... People sometimes select diffrent WMs for (old and slow) laptop and (overpowered) workstation, that is why poll allows multiple... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vermaden
8 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Slimmest Window Manager

Hi Which is the absolutely slimmest window manager Window Manager? THX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Window manager on Fedora

Hi eveybody, I want to install fedora on my personal laptop, but I dont want to use any graphical desktop environment, this way i will force myself to learn more. I want to install wm2 which i used to work with it on debian a couple of yeras ago, so is there any instruction that how I can do this?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
3 Replies

6. Fedora

Window Manager

Hi guys, I want to get back to my old days and re-obtain my unix skills, I remember I installed a window manager wmii / wmii2 /mwm on my debian and started to learn unix/linux and now after some years not touching it and having to deal with gnome on redhat (because of my work) I feel like very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
6 Replies

7. Linux

Converct fat pc to thin client

I have old pc with 1gb ram and i wont to convert him to thin clint to connect rdp windos With software i need to install on my computer? I am new in linux.. Sent from my SM-J5108 using Tapatalk (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: popcoern
10 Replies

8. Hardware

Sun Ray 1g thin client Software?

Hello! I acquired a Sun Ray 1g thin client and i want to connect it to my Linux machine but i m having some difficulty finding software for it (sun ray server). After some recearch i fount that the software can be downloaded from Oracle ,but only if i have support for it ,which i dont :p.Also i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotseman
2 Replies
metacity(1)							   User Commands						       metacity(1)

NAME
metacity, metacity--theme-viewer - GNOME desktop window manager, theme viewer for the metacity window manager themes SYNOPSIS
metacity [--display=display] [--help] [--replace] [--sm-client-id=id] [--sm-disable] [--sm-save-file=file] [--version] metacity-theme-viewer [theme-name] DESCRIPTION
metacity is a fully integrated window manager that is designed to integrate well with the GNOME desktop. To configure metacity, use the GNOME preferences dialogs. metacity-theme-viewer is an application for testing and displaying metacity themes. Note: The metacity window manager also provides a library called libmetacity-private. This library is licensed under GPL. Please see the license file at /usr/share/doc/SUNWgnome-wm/COPYING.bz2 for implications when writing a program which uses this library. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --display=display Specify the remote X display to be used by the window manager, where display is in the following format: hostname:displaynumber.screennumber -?, --help Display detailed usage message. --replace A window manager which is running is replaced by metacity. Users are encouraged to change the GNOME window manager by running the new WM with the --replace option, and subsequently saving the session. --sm-client-id=id Specify a session management id. --sm-disable Disable the session management. --sm-save-file=file Specifies the session management file to be used. By default, the $HOME/.metacity/sessions file is used. --version Display the version information for metacity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: theme-name Specifies the theme that metacity-theme-viewer should use. If no theme is specified on the command line, then metacity-theme-viewer loads the Crux theme. An error message is displayed if the theme does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Starting metacity From the Command Line When a metacity is Already Running example% metacity --replace Example 2: Starting metacity With a Non-Default Session Management File example% metacity --sm-save-file=filename EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/metacity The command-line executable for the metacity window manager. /usr/bin/metacity--theme-viewer The command-line executable for the metacity theme viewer application. /usr/share/doc/SUNWgnome-wm/COPYING.bz2 Location of license file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-wm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. metacity-message(1), metacity-window-demo(1), bzip2(1), attributes(5) http://www.fsf.org/licensing/ NOTES
Written by Laszlo Kovacs, updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008. SunOS 5.11 16 Sep 2008 metacity(1)