Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Inquiry of .awo hidden dir with bin file inside .eeesync extension Post 302541377 by jao_madn on Sunday 24th of July 2011 09:27:43 AM
Old 07-24-2011
Inquiry of .awo hidden dir with bin file inside .eeesync extension

Hi,

Me i ask if someone knows about this hidden directory or it me knows where this dir associated with or in a program.

I had and notices this .awo dir with bin files inside title 6770669_info.eeesync files in my directory. I wonder if this is associated with my backup program or any program in linux. My concern is it only reside to a specific folder an in my case it is a important folder which is the storage on my db password and my financial records folder. I just wonder if someone knows this one.

Thanks for any reply..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with CD to a hidden dir

I have written a script to secure delete all files in a quarantine folder and my Trash folder. All the commands run trough Terminal via the script. The problem I am having is when I am changing the directory to the hidden Trash folder. When I do cd /Users/WatsonN/.Trash all it does is take it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WatsonN
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can I run a exe which is at bin dir from my script.

Hello forum memebers. I have command which is exe of C- program from my script.i am writing a script which is under path /abc/xyz/test.sh. the script consist the command which is the exe of c-prog and the exe is present in the /abc/xyz/bin.if run the command from the /abc/xyz its running and if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list all files in dir and sub-dir's recursively along with file size?

I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In have to list all the files in directory and its sub directories along with file path and size of the file Please help me in this regard and many thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inquiry on Grabbing info from file.

Here is another script I am trying to customize currently, this script is used to send me disk space information, but at the moment I have to enter all the servers in manually SERVER= "xxx bbb ccc" ect.. how can I script it so that the servers are called off a txt file versus me entering all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with copying files into dir inside for loop

Hi , I'm trying to move/copy the files inside the loop into a directory . I tried the below code and the issue is the data is not copying into the created directory but the files are copying into another file file_path="/home/etc" Last_Day=20130930 mkdir $file_path/ARC_${Last_Day} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move .300 extension file from 1 dir to other and email

Hi, I am looking for a shell script which move .300 extension files from /home/sofia/ to /home/sofia/test and sends me an email with the list of files moved like this :- The following files has been moved from /home/sofia/ to /home/sofia/test 1. alpha.300 2. beta.300 Email only if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofia8679
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding Files with Perl on a Hidden Dir?

Greetings! Been a while since I futzed around with Perl, and came upon a minor headscratcher for the community ;) Here's the basic code which I'm trying to make tick over:#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; use diagnostics; print " starting "; while (-e "~/.somedir/testFile")... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinQ
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - how to copy hidden folder or hidden files when using full path

Hello. I use this command : rsync -av --include=".*" --dry-run "$A_FULL_PATH_S" "$A_FULL_PATH_D"The data comes from the output of a find command. And no full source directories are in use, only some files. Source example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)