Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scp not working because of prompt (AIX, tcsh) Post 302541328 by lastZenMaster on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 09:22:10 PM
Old 07-23-2011
scp not working because of prompt (AIX, tcsh)

Hello,

I have this problem:
I have a server to which I ssh, and it has a special prompt request. The prompt is done by a ?prompt command.

It is fine with SSH, since the prompt I guess gets some input, but when I use SCP, the copy always fails.

So, I was wondering if there is maybe a flag for ssh and scp - so that interactive prompts are ignored.

(By the way, I need the prompt, so removing it isn't an option).
THANKS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SCP error - tcsh: No such device

I am trying to transfer a file between two Solaris machines using SCP. I tried different options, like forcing remote host to use SCP version 1 and SCP version 2. Using IP address for remote host instead of hostname. But nothing helps. Moreover, there doesnt seem to be much of a help available on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayesch
2 Replies

2. Solaris

scp prompt when home directory is 777

Morning all, I was running some deployment scripts on Friday night that kept failing because it prompted for a password for a user I was already sudo'd in as when trying to scp a file onto itself. e.g. on server 51.123.123.123 as sudo dlam typing: scp testfile dlam@51.123.123.123:/tmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
5 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

No command prompt after SSH/SCP

Recently whenever I log out of an SSH session, or copy something using SCP, I get no response from my shell. Running with ssh -v showed no errors when exiting. Normally I could deal with this, but I believe it's causing errors elsewhere when scripts try to download things from external... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: keymakerOvvvv
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh/csh: set prompt in production to color red

Hi folks This is our prompt at the moment oracle@pinkipinki:/opt/oracle> grep 'set prompt' .cshrc set prompt = "$user@`uname -n`:$cwd> " We wish to have in production the same prompt, but red. Howto do that? I tried a lot a internet manuals, but it doesn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell (tcsh) prompt gets reset on every cd

Hi, I type in my shell: set prompt="(%M) %c%b%# " to get something like: a/b/c> this works, but only partially. every time I move to to a different directory (i.e. 'cd <some dir>'), the prompt is reset. Meaning, when I 'echo $prompt' after setting the prompt I get the correct prompt,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvalbn
8 Replies

6. Solaris

ssh and scp not working

Dear All, whenever i try the command ssh , it is giving the below error. ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/bin/ssh: symbol SUNWcry_installed: referenced symbol not found Killed For SCP also the same error is coming. Pl reply me if you have answers. Rj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with my prompt on tcsh

Hi, issue with my prompt, other gets their name, my comes with command number. Why? {118} /home/markb > echo $SHELL /bin/tcsh {119} /home/markb > echo $SHELL /bin/tcsh {120} /home/markb > my .cshrc has this.... set prompt="%{\0330;%n@%M : %~%L \007%} `pwd` >%{\033 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prompt the user to enter an array in tcsh

Hello, I am writing a script that requires the user to enter a string of numbers: ex: 134 345 865 903 This command only allows for one variable to be entered: set "var" = $< and than once I got the array I want to change it to a list with each input on a different line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarones
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass password and prompt user for IP address while doing ssh and scp?

Hi All, I want to copy /.ssh/OM.pub file from source to destination. Here source IP address, username and password is always fixed. Whereas destination server IP address, password always gets changed. From destination server :- I am trying to write a script in which it should log in to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhur.baharani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp command not working

I am trying to copy a file from a remote linux server to my local ubuntu box. I am issuing the following command: scp -v root@remote_server_IP:/test /data The output of the command is : OpenSSH_6.6, OpenSSL 1.0.1f 6 Jan 2014 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
3 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)