Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to retrieve a file from specific path using unix script? Post 302541239 by yazu on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 08:36:04 AM
Old 07-23-2011
???

It's impossible to understand what you want (for me at least).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

Hi, I have a file that has several values seperated by ":" 2006:John:Student:Football:Portugal:Cinema 2006:James:Engineer:Basket:Poland:Theatre 2007:Lucy:Diver:Gymnastic:England:Music 2007:Smith:Plumber:Basket:Spain:Poker I need make a filter based on the 5th field to find countries that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(cont) Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

HI, Your help was great: awk -F":" '$5 ~ /^P/{print }' file I would like to know what changes need to be done to this line code, so that I can put it in a shell script and call it as the example below. example: countries that start with chacater 'P' > country P Result: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efernandes
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do we retrieve a line from a file in unix

we need to capture a record from a file in to a variable and do modifications to it .. so capturing line by line in a file in to some variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmadhuri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve required specific info from the file

Hi I have a file which consists of a number in the square brackets, followed by the blank line, then several lines which describe this number. This pattern is repeated several thousands time. The number in the brackets and the decription of it is unique. For example: ASRVSERV=1241GD;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a path of a specific file

Hi, A variable value is /home/samir/datas/data.txt I want /home/samir/datas. How can I get that. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: samir_standing
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve part of file path

Hi I am trying to use sed to retrieve part of my html file's path. I am having a hard time getting what I want. Could someone give me some help? I want to retrieve the section after html and before the file name For example if I have the following, ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger66
3 Replies

7. Programming

How can i retrieve some specific lines from a file using C

Plz tel me how to retrieve some specific set of lines from a file and store it in a char buffer.I am seperating each record by ":" 22:abc:4 hardware:cd:xyz:2 hardware:eth:abc:6 hardware:mouse:xyz:3 hardware:ram:xyz:1 23:cde:3 hardware:cd:xyz:2 hardware:eth:abc:6 hardware:ram:xyz:1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve the word between 2 specific words with shell script

Hi, I have a file content like: : : <span class="ColorRed"> 1.23</span><br> : : the value 1.23 will be changed from time to time, and I want to use a shell script command, e.g grep or sed, to retrieve only the value, how to do it? Thanks! Victor (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 0.9.7d 2002-12-01 SSL_CTX_new(3)