Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check existence of variable in csh Post 302541042 by itkamaraj on Friday 22nd of July 2011 09:24:24 AM
Old 07-22-2011
==0 should be == 0 ( space between = and 0)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for FILES existence

hi, I have a list of filenames and I want to verify if they all exist. I know "if filename" would do the trick but how do I go about a list of files? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable check for existence ?

Hi , I have a script wherein i have a For Loop. Within this for loop i create a variable and assign it a value. The script goes to a For Loop only if certain conditions are met , which means the variable may or may not exists. However down the line in the script i have to check if that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh to check for existence of file

Hi, I would like to check the existence of files (doesn;t matter the number of files) in a directory. My file is named in the following manner (always ending with " myfile "). Can anybody give me some guidance? EG: abc1_myfile sdfr_myfile sffgd_myfile and so on ...... My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check existence of a login

Hi everybody, I need to check in C program wether a given login is known on the system. Is there any system function that could do this ? So far, all I could find is getpwnam(), which answers my problem by parsing the local password database. But won't work if a user is authenticated by... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier054
10 Replies

5. AIX

Check for File Existence

I have requirement where i need to search for files which start with SALESORDER and PURCHASEORDER. i need to process the files with SALESORDER first and then PURCHASEORDER. If SALESORDER files are not there i dont want to process PURCHASEORDER and i want to come out of script. I have written a code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Existence of File with wild card using Csh

Hi All, I would like to find out the existence of files with wild card using CSH. I have used the below code but does not seem to work. Can any expert give me some advice ? set nonomatch set pattern = "_xxx" set filetype = ( *$pattern* ) if ( -e $filetype) then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check length content existence of variable

hi guys, im learning so be gentle... i'm wanting to write a script to read in a customer number. in order that the code is robust i want to check 1) the length of the value entered (4 characters) 2) that all characters entered are numeric between the values 1 to 3 3) that a value is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh if loop variable condition check peroblem

Hi, I have variables like var1 var2 var3 var4 in if loop i am trying to check the condition if(variable == "var") then echo $variable endif (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Files existence

Hi I have a requirement to check whether the files exists, then it will call other steps in shell script. I did ls *.csv|wc -l if then checking the count of the files should be more than 1 then it will call other steps. I am getting the error that too many arguements as there n... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence check

hi i wanted to check if the file exist or not(multiple files) DIRE=/home/V478 if ; then echo "file present" else echo "file not present" fi But i am getting the error as : [: unexpected operator/operand (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
3 Replies
copyinstr(9r)															     copyinstr(9r)

NAME
copyinstr - General: Copies a null-terminated string from a user address space to a kernel address space SYNOPSIS
int copyinstr( char *user_src, char *kernel_dest, int maxlength, int *lencopied ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the address in user space of the null-terminated string to be copied. Specifies the address in kernel space to copy the null- terminated string to. Specifies the maximum number of bytes to copy. Specifies the actual length of the string copied. DESCRIPTION
The copyinstr routine copies a specified null-terminated string from the unprotected user address space to a specified address in the pro- tected kernel address space. CAUTIONS
If the string being copied is not null terminated, copyinstr copies maxlength bytes into the kernel address space. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, copyinstr returns the value 0 (zero) and the actual length of the string copied to the lencopied argument. Oth- erwise, it returns one of the following error constants defined in /usr/sys/include/sys/errno.h: The address in user space that you speci- fied in the user_src argument cannot be accessed. The length of the string exceeds the maxlength value. SEE ALSO
Routines: copyoutstr(9r) copyinstr(9r)