Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching a sub-string in a string Post 302540970 by rangarasan on Friday 22nd of July 2011 05:15:53 AM
Old 07-22-2011
Substr

just print the $simplePage variable and get back me with that value and also send the possibilities.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for a string in directory

Hi, I have a directory with a couple of thousand logs in it. The log files are created every 5 minutes. I want to search these logs grep for a specific sting and more importantly print the name of the files where that sting was found. e.g. all logs begin om20020927 what I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: warrend
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for a string variable

Hi ... I have a string variable STR = "This is a test message" I have a file abc.txt that I am searching for the occurence of the string STR ... I am using the command in a script cat abc.txt | grep $STR It identifies each space as a seperator and prints word by word. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattrix
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for a string in a file

I need to search for a specific string in a file and if this string exist I need to replace it with something else. I am not sure how I could do this, using an if statement. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching each file for a string

Hi Guys... I want to search for each file that contains a particular string. e.g find . -print | xargs grep -i string_name Now my issue is the files that I search in are gzipped. Will I be able to find the string, using the above commands, even if the files are gzipped? Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a String

Hi everyone ! suppose i'm searching for a specific string in a file so it is very easy, i use the following command grep 'keyword' file_name but how to search a word which is repeated maximum number of times in a file, for example in the following text i have to search a word which is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string using loop.

Hi i am very new to shell scripting. I have got stuck on a portion on my script. Problem : I have 30 logfiles inside /home/test directory. I need to find the string "@ended today" in all the 30 logfiles and print the name of the files which did not have this string. i need to this by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soma Das
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a string in a particular file name

Hello, I have a file name like FIRST_DPF_DAILY_CUST_0826152322.txt i need to extract the string after the third "_" underscore upto timestamp ends i.e CUST_0826152322 can anyone help me with the code Thank you! Regards Srikanth Sagi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to add a new string at the end of line by searching a string on the same line?

Hi, I have a file which is an extract of jil codes of all autosys jobs in our server. Sample jil code: ************************** permission:gx,wx date_conditions:yes days_of_week:all start_times:"05:00" condition: notrunning(appDev#box#ProductLoad)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra
1 Replies
SETSBUF(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						     SETSBUF(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_setsbuf - Switches the active send buffer. SYNOPSIS
C int oldbuf = pvm_setsbuf( int bufid ) Fortran call pvmfsetsbuf( bufid, oldbuf ) PARAMETERS
bufid Integer the message buffer identifier for the new active send buffer. A value of 0 indicates the default receive buffer. oldbuf Integer returning the message buffer identifier for the previous active send buffer. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_setsbuf switches the active send buffer to bufid and saves the previous active send buffer oldbuf. If bufid is set to 0 then the present active send buffer is saved and no active send buffer exists. The routine is required when managing multiple message buffers. For example switching back and forth between two buffers. One buffer could be used to send information to a graphical interface while a second buffer could be used send data to other tasks in the application. EXAMPLES
C: sbuf1 = pvm_setsbuf( sbuf2 ); Fortran: CALL PVMFSETSBUF( NEWBUF, OLDBUF ) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_setsbuf PvmBadParam giving an invalid bufid. PvmNoSuchBuf switching to a non-existent message buffer. SEE ALSO
pvm_setrbuf(3PVM) 30 August, 1993 SETSBUF(3PVM)