Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep multiple instances and send email. Post 302540880 by saisneha on Friday 22nd of July 2011 12:28:30 AM
Old 07-22-2011
Grep multiple instances and send email.

Removed

Last edited by saisneha; 07-24-2011 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send email to multiple users.

Hi, I am using the mailx command to send email to multple users. The command works fine when i am sending mail to a single user but when i insert multiple email ids inside the quote it does not work. All the email ids are coming from a property file.Please have a lookt at the property file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaksingh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to send email to multiple users

hi, i'm pretty new to this unix. i've been asked to create a shell script which will pick up the email id from a text file(stored in same machine, same directory) searches for that id in another file in which a product name( a one line text) is mentioned against it. then it should send a mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwas.shenoy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with multiple instances of same pattern

Hi, This is my text file I'm trying to Grep. Apple Location Greenland Rdsds dsds fdfd ddsads http Received Return Immediately Received End My Grep command: grep only--matching 'Location.*Received' e. Because the keyword Received appears twice, the Grep command will stop at the last... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spywarebox
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with multiple instances of same pattern

Hi, This is my text file I'm trying to Grep. Apple Location Greenland Rdsds dsds fdfd ddsads http Received Return Immediately Received End My Grep command: grep only--matching 'Location.*Received' Because the keyword Received appears twice, the Grep command will stop at the last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spywarebox
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

7. Programming

Control multiple program instances - open multiple files problem

Hello. This shouldn't be an unusual problem, but I cannot find anything about it at google or at other search machine. So, I've made an application using C++ and QtCreator. I 've made a new mime type for application's project files. My system (ubuntu 10.10), when I right click a file and I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email with multiple attachments ?

Hello , I am trying to send an email with two attachments . I have tried all previous suggestion in this forum but none worked. I could send one attachment in an email by uuencode $file "$file" | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com but unable to send multiple attachments . I have tried ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I use grep to pull incremental data and send to multiple files?

Hi Everyone, Im currently using the below code to pull data from a large CSV file and put it into smaller files with just the data associated with the number that I "grep". grep 'M053' test.csv > test053.csv Is there a way that I can use grep to run through my file like the example below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop multiple directory, find a file and send email

Hello ALL, need a BASH script who find file and send email with attachment. I have 50 folders without sub directories in each generated files of different sizes but with a similar name Rp01.txt Rp02.txt Rp03.txt ...etc. Each directors bound by mail group, I need a script that goes as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penchev
1 Replies
PERLEXPERIMENT(1)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 PERLEXPERIMENT(1)

NAME
perlexperiment - A listing of experimental features in Perl DESCRIPTION
This document lists the current and past experimental features in the perl core. Although all of these are documented with their appropriate topics, this succinct listing gives you an overview and basic facts about their status. So far we've merely tried to find and list the experimental features and infer their inception, versions, etc. There's a lot of speculation here. Current experiments -Dusemultiplicity -Duseithreads Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 Long Doubles Still Don't Work In Solaris Introduced in Perl 5.7.0 "our" can now have an experimental optional attribute "unique" Introduced in Perl 5.8.0 Deprecated in Perl 5.10.0 Linux abstract Unix domain sockets Introduced in Perl 5.9.2 See also Socket Pod::HTML2Pod Pod::PXML The <:pop> IO pseudolayer See also perlrun The <:win32> IO pseudolayer See also perlrun MLDBM See also perldsc internal functions with M flag See also perlguts lex_start API Introduced in Perl 5.13.7 internal API for "%^H" Introduced in Perl 5.13.7 See also "cophh_" in perlapi. alloccopstash Introduced in Perl 5.18.0 av_create_and_push av_create_and_unshift_one av_create_and_unshift_one cop_store_label Introduced in Perl 5.16.0 PL_keyword_plugin gv_fetchmethod_*_flags Introduced in Perl 5.16.0 hv_iternext_flags lex_bufutf8 lex_discard_to lex_grow_linestr lex_next_chunk lex_peek_unichar lex_read_space lex_read_to lex_read_unichar lex_stuff_pv lex_stuff_pvn lex_stuff_pvs lex_stuff_sv lex_unstuff op_scope op_lvalue parse_fullstmt parse_stmtseq PL_parser->bufend PL_parser->bufptr PL_parser->linestart PL_parser->linestr Perl_signbit pad_findmy sv_utf8_decode sv_utf8_downgrade bytes_from_utf8 bytes_to_utf8 utf8_to_bytes Lvalue subroutines Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 See also perlsub There is an "installhtml" target in the Makefile. Unicode in Perl on EBCDIC "(?{code})" See also perlre "(??{ code })" See also perlre Smart match ("~~") Introduced in Perl 5.10.0 Modified in Perl 5.10.1, 5.12.0 Lexical $_ Introduced in Perl 5.10.0 Backtracking control verbs "(*ACCEPT)" Introduced in: Perl 5.10 See also: "Special Backtracking Control Verbs" in perlre Code expressions, conditional expressions, and independent expressions in regexes gv_try_downgrade See also perlintern Experimental Support for Sun Studio Compilers for Linux OS See also perllinux Pluggable keywords See "PL_keyword_plugin" in perlapi for the mechanism. Introduced in: Perl 5.11.2 Array and hash container functions accept references Introduced in Perl 5.14.0 Lexical subroutines Introduced in: Perl 5.18 See also: "Lexical Subroutines" in perlsub Regular Expression Set Operations Introduced in: Perl 5.18 See also: "Extended Bracketed Character Classes" in perlrecharclass Accepted features These features were so wildly successful and played so well with others that we decided to remove their experimental status and admit them as full, stable features in the world of Perl, lavishing all the benefits and luxuries thereof. They are also awarded +5 Stability and +3 Charisma. The "N" regex character class The "N" character class, not to be confused with the named character sequence "N{NAME}", denotes any non-newline character in a regular expression. Introduced in: Perl 5.12 fork() emulation Introduced in Perl 5.6.1 See also perlfork DB module Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 See also perldebug, perldebtut Weak references Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 Internal file glob Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 die accepts a reference Introduced in Perl 5.005 64-bit support Introduced in Perl 5.005 Removed features These features are no longer considered experimental and their functionality has disappeared. It's your own fault if you wrote production programs using these features after we explicitly told you not to (see perlpolicy). "legacy" The experimental "legacy" pragma was swallowed by the "feature" pragma. Introduced in: 5.11.2 Removed in: 5.11.3 Assertions The "-A" command line switch Introduced in Perl 5.9.0 Removed in Perl 5.9.5 Test::Harness::Straps Moved from Perl 5.10.1 to CPAN GetOpt::Long Options can now take multiple values at once (experimental) "Getopt::Long" upgraded to version 2.35 Removed in Perl 5.8.8 The pseudo-hash data type Introduced in Perl 5.6.0 Removed in Perl 5.9.0 5.005-style threading Introduced in Perl 5.005 Removed in Perl 5.10 perlcc Introduced in Perl 5.005 Moved from Perl 5.9.0 to CPAN AUTHORS
brian d foy "<brian.d.foy@gmail.com>" Sebastien Aperghis-Tramoni "<saper@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010, brian d foy "<brian.d.foy@gmail.com>" LICENSE
You can use and redistribute this document under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 PERLEXPERIMENT(1)