Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch Post 302540846 by dynamax on Thursday 21st of July 2011 05:48:06 PM
Old 07-21-2011
Computer perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447."

Code:
 Get load table
my $resultat = (Net::SNMP->VERSION < 4) ?
                  $session->get_table($ciscoEnvMonMIB)
                : $session->get_table(Baseoid => $ciscoEnvMonMIB);

Any help is appreciated

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

how to connect to Cisco switch from Ubnutu

Hi, I installed Ubnutu on my old laptop which does have COMM port, I want to connect to Cisco switch, I have Cisco cable connected to laptop. On Windows, I usually bring up "Hyper Terminal" how do I do it here? Please advice. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using if to identify proper mib for use with a cisco switch

Happy ThanksGiving guys, I'm working on a script that will use nmap to enumerate a network for active cisco switches. Once the list is complete, we use sed to clean up the file (called nmapres) so it is only a list of IP addresses. Next I want to use a while statement to go down that list of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mitch
6 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

HPUX net-SNMP interpreter "/bin/perl" not found

I am trying to install net-snmp on an HPUX box. I am getting the fallowing error message when I try to run the snmpconf file. I installed the fallowing version of net-snmp net-snmp-5.0.10.2-HP-UX_B.11.11_9000_800.tar and my HPUX box is version HP-UX commnms B.11.11 U 9000/800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisarmstrong
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

cisco switch + firewall configuration upgrade

Hi experts, I need to cope configuration from one switch/firewall to another switch/firewall. I have copied running configs. The question is do I have to clear the existing configuration on the dest. devices Or can I copy it(replace) directly without clearing previous config ? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
2 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios 3.3.1 SNMP with Cisco Switch Fails

Hello all! I am running Nagios 3.3.1 and I am trying to get it to monitor the ports on my Cisco Catalyst 3524-XL-PWR Managed Switch. But I keep getting "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)" I have installed and compiled the plugins and the snmp services on the Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RossIV
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies
Mon::SNMP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Mon::SNMP(3pm)

NAME
Mon::SNMP - decode SNMP trap SYNOPSIS
use Mon::SNMP; $trap = new Mon::SNMP; $trap->buffer($snmptrap); %traphash = $trap->decode; $error = $trap->error; DESCRIPTION
Mon::SNMP provides methods to decode SNMP trap PDUs. It is based on Graham Barr's Convert::BER module, and its purpose is to provide SNMP trap handling to "mon". It is not complete, so don't bother trying to use it unless you are ready to debug and write some code. METHODS
new creates a new Mon::SNMP object. buffer ( buffer ) Assigns a raw SNMP trap message to the object. decode Decodes a SNMP trap message, and returns a hash of the variable assignments for the SNMP header and trap protocol data unit of the associated message. The hash consists of the following members: version => SNMP version(1) community => community string ent_OID => enterprise OID of originating agent agentaddr => IP address of originating agent generic_trap => /COLDSTART|WARMSTART|LINKDOWN|LINKUP|AUTHFAIL|EGPNEIGHBORLOSS|ENTERPRISESPECIFIC/ specific_trap => specific trap type (integer) timeticks => timeticks (integer) varbindlist => { oid1 => value, oid2 => value, ... } ERRORS
All methods return a hash with no elements upon errors which they detect, and the detail of the error is available from the EXAMPLES
use Mon::SNMP; $trap = new Mon::SNMP; $trap->buffer($snmptrap); %traphash = $trap->decode; foreach $oid (keys $traphash{"varbindlist"}) { $val = $traphash{"varbindlist"}{$oid}; print "oid($oid) = val($val) "; } ENVIRONMENT
None. SEE ALSO
Graham Barr's Convert::BER module. NOTES
CAVEATS
Mon::SNMP depends upon Convert::BER to do the real work. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-27 Mon::SNMP(3pm)