Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed substitution
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed substitution Post 302540774 by Shell_Life on Thursday 21st of July 2011 02:22:25 PM
Old 07-21-2011
You can try another way of reading "File2":
Code:
while read i; do
  sed "$i s/Y/N/" File1
done < File2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitution using sed

I know we can substitute a string using sed but how? For example: sed 's/(old variable)/(new variable)/ details.dat Am I suppose to put $old variable or whatever? Because I tried many times, it didnt work by putting $old variable. Am I suppose to enclose it with "" or ''? Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohji
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

Hi, I have a set of files containing strings like I.TEST1_TEST2 or B.ESSA_ESSB for example. Does somebody know how to substitute these strings whith the same name and an extension "_V1" (ie. I.TEST1_TEST2_V1) using sed command or else ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution using SED

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Substitution

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as well to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Substitution

Hi guys, Can u please help me to replace (-) with (/) in a file containing no of records using "sed " command in unix. thanks in advance. subhendu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution

Hi I am trying to do a text insertion in a text file at a particular line number in a shell script. However its not working. sed '122i\ > for j in \`echo $MyList\` ; do perl -pi -e\'s#01\/01\/2009#01\/01\/2011#\' $j ; done' $HOME/MyScript.ksh The Actual line to be inserted at line 122... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sed substitution

I'm a noob to unix, and I have a line of data like the following: title=Boston|tcolor=green|desc=Large city in New England|url=www.boston.com Is there a way to change a field value with sed substitution? (i.e. change tcolor=green to tcolor=blue) I figured out: sed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: stabby
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution with sed

I have a file with some numbers having single quotes around them which I want to remove. i.e. '923930' -> 23930 If it can be done without using sed thats fine. I have tried with sed but can't think how to replace this pattern on only the numbers (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_invalid
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

How can you use sed with a line of code that reads: 67899:Bill:Williams:Maple Dr.:45908600 Let us say we want to replace Maple Dr. with Oak St. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution

Hi everyone, I need very simple sed command to change a parameter in a text file. I have a line in this text which is like set xx 0.5 A program reads this file and does some algebraic calculations. So to make a parameter scan I need to change the value of xx. I thought I can do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
7 Replies
gfs2_tool(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      gfs2_tool(8)

NAME
gfs2_tool - interface to gfs2 ioctl/sysfs calls SYNOPSIS
gfs2_tool COMMAND [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
gfs2_tool is an interface to a variety of the GFS2 ioctl/sysfs calls. Some of the functions of gfs_tool have been replaced by standard sys- tem tools such as mount and chattr, so gfs2_tool doesn't have as many options as gfs_tool used to. COMMANDS
clearflag Flag File1 File2 ... Clear an attribute flag on a file. This is now obsolete and kept only for backward compatibility, chattr is the preferred way to clear attribute flags. See setflag for available flags. This option will probably be removed at a future date. freeze MountPoint Freeze (quiesce) a GFS2 cluster. gettune MountPoint Print out the current values of the tuning parameters in a running filesystem. A better source of similar (more comprehensive) information is that in the /proc/mounts file. Running the mount command with no arguments will also provide the same information. This option is considered obsolete and will probably be removed at some future date. journals MountPoint Print out information about the journals in a mounted filesystem. lockdump MountPoint Print out information about the locks this machine holds for a given filesystem. This information is also available via the debugfs glock dump file, and accessing that file is the preferred method of obtaining a dump of the glock state. sb device proto [newvalue] View (and possibly replace) the name of the locking protocol in the file system superblock. The file system shouldn't be mounted by any client when you do this. sb device table [newvalue] View (and possibly replace) the name of the locking table in the file system superblock. The file system shouldn't be mounted by any client when you do this. sb device ondisk [newvalue] View (and possibly replace) the ondisk format number in the file system superblock. The file system shouldn't be mounted by any client when you do this. No one should have to use this. sb device multihost [newvalue] View (and possibly replace) the multihost format number in the file system superblock. The file system shouldn't be mounted by any client when you do this. No one should have to use this. sb device uuid [newvalue] View (and possibly replace) the uuid in the file system superblock. The file system shouldn't be mounted by any client when you do this. The new uuid value should be in the standard uuid format. For example: 1AEA8269-15C5-72BD-6D83-8720B17AA4EE sb device all Print out the superblock. setflag Flag File1 File2 ... Set an attribute flag on a file. The currently supported flags are jdata, immutable, appendonly, noatime, and sync. The chattr command is the preferred way to set attributes on files. This option will probably be removed at a future date. The jdata flag causes all the data written to a file to be journaled. If the jdata flag is set for a directory, all files and directories subsequently created within that directory are also journaled. This behavior replaces the old inherit_jdata flag from gfs. Same as chattr +j. The immutable flag marks the file immutable. The behavior is similar to the immutable flag in the ext2/3 filesystems. All write access is denied. Same as chattr +i. The appendonly flag causes all data to be written at the end of the file. Same as chattr +a. The noatime flag disables updates to the file's access time. Same as chattr +A. The sync flag causes data written to the file to be sync'ed to stable storage immediately. Same as chattr +S. settune MountPoint parameter newvalue Set the value of tuning parameter. Use gettune for a listing of tunable parameters. The mount -oremount command is the preferred way to set the values of tunable parameters. At some future stage, when all parameters can be set via mount, this option will be removed. unfreeze MountPoint Unfreeze a GFS2 cluster. version Print out the version of GFS2 that this program goes with. withdraw MountPoint Cause GFS2 to abnormally shutdown a given filesystem on this node. This feature is only useful for testing and should not be used during normal filesystem operation. gfs2_tool(8)