Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script has been executed successfully or not?? Post 302540757 by bobby1015 on Thursday 21st of July 2011 01:41:24 PM
Old 07-21-2011
script has been executed successfully or not??

Guys,

How can we know whether a script has been executed successfully or not ?
We dont have any log directories, and we are not given a chance to modify the script. Could someone help me out with this Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script working successfully only when executed twice

Guys, i am facing a very strange issue, my code below does an ftp to server A and gets a file to Server B, once the file is in B an if condition is present to check if the pattern of the filename is ABC* then it has to be encrypted using OPENSSL as ABC.enc else if it of pattern 123* has to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Command dies even when command gets executed successfully

Hi I have created a perl script & running it using Linux machine. I want my script to die when system command is unsuccessful but script is dying even when system command gets executed successfully. :wall: I am using the command below :- system($cmd) || die "FAILED $!"; print "Hello"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Gupta
2 Replies

3. AIX

Script not getting executed via cron but executes when executed manually.

Hi Script not getting executed via cron but executes successfully when executed manually. Please assist cbspsap01(appuser) /app/scripts > cat restart.sh #!/bin/ksh cd /app/bin date >>logfile.out echo "Restart has been started....." >>logfile.out date >>logfile.out initfnsw -y restart... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script failing to run successfully on remote node

Hi guys, I have a scenario where i want to run a script from Node A. It ssh's into Node B and runs some awk commands there plus deposiriting the output on Node B. Challenge is that the awk commands run properly when executed locally on Node B but fail when within the script on Node B. I do not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerkesler
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Did my script execute successfully ?

Hi, I have two scripts viz and I am running them in background. I wish to know if both the scripts completed execution successfully. So this is what I have done /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb1.sh & condb1=$? /tmp/commet/bin/connectdb2.sh & condb2=$? However, I am getting error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print script is completed successfully or not

Hai guys I am running three shellscripts through Gtk2-Perl(GUI) these are the scripts Drccalibrescript1 script2 script3 Gtk2-Perl(GUI) drccalibre -> If I run this script through Gtk2-Perl(GUI) these are results of the drccalibrescript1 . summary/.results I have to find size of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran425
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to echo command successful if command is executed successfully

Hello, I have written a command n shell script : srvctl relocate service -d t1 -s s1 -i i1 -t t1 -f If the above command executes successfully without error I need to echo "Service relocated successfully and If it errors out I need to trap the errors in a file and also need to make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script replied multiple process for file has successfully created

Hi All, I have written the following code do FILE_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $1}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') INST_NO=$(echo $LINE|awk -F"|" '{print $2}'|tr "'" '+'|sed 's/\(.*\)\(++\)\(.*\)\(++\)/\3/') if ] then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogendra.barode
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check if the JAVA Program is successfully executed in sh shell scripting

Hi , I have written a shell script to call a java program say load_id.sh .This sh script indeed is executed implicitly in other sh script which calls 2 more sh scripts one by one. I need to check if the load_id.sh (which calls java program) is executed successfully only then continue with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preema
1 Replies
BF_TAR(1)																 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. 07/23/2007 BF_TAR(1)