Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed error
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed error Post 302540480 by agama on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 09:48:08 PM
Old 07-20-2011
You need to terminate the replacement string with a slant:

Code:
's/[aeiou]/#/'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when using sed

Hi, I have a input file with following contents ---------------------------------------------------------Run Number: 1----------------------------------------------------------- test_run -layout test_vaal -i |Started|05/28/2007 02:19:30|TEST|8651... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram.P
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error : Syntax error: redirection unexpected

My script is throwing the error 'Syntax error: redirection unexpected' My line of code.. cat nsstatustest.html | sed s/<tr><td align="left">/<tr><td align="left" bgcolor="#000000"><font color="white">/ > ztmp.Ps23zp2s.2-Fpps3-wmmm0dss3 HTML tags are getting in the way but they're needed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error

hi guys!! I am new to shell script.. here is what i want do, i want to search original string in export.txt file which is: export mib =/opt/old_mib/ i want to replace it by export mibs =/opt/new_mibs/ i tried sed -e 's/export mib =/opt/old_mib//export mibs =/opt/new_mibs//g' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allrise123
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ERROR

Hi Leute Kann mir bitte jemand diesen Fehler rerklären? Ohne Zuweisung gehts und es kommt der modifizierte String raus. Weise ich es einem String zu kommt dieser Fehler. Was mache ich da flasch? 0:521:root@pendrive /media/disk/system_setup # STRING=/mnt/new/path 0:522:root@pendrive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: latenite
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in sed

Hello, I want to remove .txt from every file name: for file in *.txt; des=$(echo $file | sed 's/\.txt//'); mv "$file" "$des"; done but this gives me: bash: syntax error near unexpected token `des=$(echo $file | sed 's/\.txt//')' I understand that there's other ways of doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed error

Hi , Can some body help me why CREATE TABLE is not printing in my out put for the below code? I tried the same but still out put is not accurate. sed -n ' 1d s/^\(\{1,33\} \)\(.*\)/CREATE TABLE "("\1(\2","/ :loop ${ s/,$/ );/ p } N s/\n\(.*\)/ \1,/ b loop ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED error

Hi, I am trying to write an SED script to extract some strings from each line of a file and print it into another file. The sample input looks like this. AVE_LOC_ADDED <= 1.1429: 0 (28035.0/53.0) <IG:0.09933947301390625; GR:0.21494375103088412; WeightedGR:6679.592007035755>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed returns error "sed: -e expression #1, char 18: unterminated `s' command"

Hello All, I have something like below LDC100/rel/prod/libinactrl.a LAA2000/rel/prod/libinactrl.a I want to remove till first forward slash that is outputshould be as below rel/prod/libinactrl.a rel/prod/libinactrl.a How can I do that ??? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Error

I am using this command: sed 's///g' file1 I want to keep only Arabic Characters and remove all others. I get this error: sed: -e expression #1, char 17: Invalid collation character (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies
return(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 return(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
return - Return from a procedure SYNOPSIS
return ?-code code? ?-errorinfo info? ?-errorcode code? ?string? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Return immediately from the current procedure (or top-level command or source command), with string as the return value. If string is not specified then an empty string will be returned as result. EXCEPTIONAL RETURNS
In the usual case where the -code option isn't specified the procedure will return normally (its completion code will be TCL_OK). However, the -code option may be used to generate an exceptional return from the procedure. Code may have any of the following values: ok Normal return: same as if the option is omitted. error Error return: same as if the error command were used to terminate the procedure, except for handling of errorInfo and errorCode variables (see below). return The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_RETURN, so that the procedure that invoked it will return also. break The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_BREAK, which will terminate the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. continue The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_CONTINUE, which will terminate the current iteration of the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. value Value must be an integer; it will be returned as the completion code for the current procedure. The -code option is rarely used. It is provided so that procedures that implement new control structures can reflect exceptional condi- tions back to their callers. Two additional options, -errorinfo and -errorcode, may be used to provide additional information during error returns. These options are ignored unless code is error. The -errorinfo option specifies an initial stack trace for the errorInfo variable; if it is not specified then the stack trace left in errorInfo will include the call to the procedure and higher levels on the stack but it will not include any information about the context of the error within the procedure. Typically the info value is supplied from the value left in errorInfo after a catch command trapped an error within the procedure. If the -errorcode option is specified then code provides a value for the errorCode variable. If the option is not specified then errorCode will default to NONE. SEE ALSO
break(n), continue(n), error(n), proc(n) KEYWORDS
break, continue, error, procedure, return Tcl 7.0 return(n)