Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to Develop a LINUX macro? Post 302540221 by mustafa.abdulsa on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 04:18:01 AM
Old 07-20-2011
Hi,

thanks you very much for your reply, actually i can't install any of your tools because it is not my PC and related to customer; the only allowed is the linux utilities application which runs under windows.

for me, i use windows and i have the cygwin which works perfectly.

but here, my problem is not the loop or the application; i just need to arrange the results into a txt or xls file and to put a word before each output in the same line; could you please suggest such solution for me?

thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

develop a new kernel

Hi people, I am trying to install a second kernel on my Red Hat 8.0 machine. the existing kernel is 2.4.18 and I am trying to have 2.4.20. I already downloaded the source extracted it run make , make dep and make bzImage . Now when trying to copy the installed kernel image from /usr/src to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

3. Programming

Make-question - redefine a macro, using another macro..?

I think there is no problem to use any macro in a new macro definishion, but I have a problem with that. I can not understand why? I have a *.mak file that inludes file with many definitions and rules. ############################################## include dstndflt.mak ... One of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to develop a new application

Hi all, I am a beginner in advanced unix and just i finished my course in that so now I want to develop an application using advanced unix concepts and middleware technology, so that i can gain an initial working knowledge. Kindly give me a suggestion of what i can develop. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
5 Replies

5. Programming

Please help me to develop algorithm

Hi guys , in my study book from which I re-learn C is task to generate all possible characters combination from numbers entered by the user. I know this algorithm must use combinatorics to calculate all permutations. Problem is how to implement algortihm. // This program reads the four numbers... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Programming

Linux Kernel code "current" macro

I was going through the Linux code, i stuck with few inline assembly language code, I have tried online but in vain. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks. /* how to get the thread information struct from C */ static inline struct thread_info *current_thread_info(void) { struct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I would like to have some exercises to develop my skills

Hi , I would like to do some exercises/scripts in order to develop my skills in shell scripts, can someone pass me some links/suggestions where i can find this? Thanks a lot :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me in the right direction to develop application for UNIX/Linux

Hi all, Am good in C & C++, i just joined as a fresher in a French IT company. In my own interest and love towards Linux and open source. i want to develop as much as applications for linux. i got the basic training on linux commands, and currently am working really hard to gain more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_ganapathy
11 Replies
Tk_Grab(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Grab(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Grab, Tk_Ungrab - manipulate grab state in an application SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_Grab(interp, tkwin, grabGlobal) void Tk_Ungrab(tkwin) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting Tk_Window tkwin (in) Window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed or released int grabGlobal (in) Boolean indicating whether the grab is global or application local _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set or release a global or application local grab. When a grab is set on a particular window in a Tk applica- tion, mouse and keyboard events can only be received by that window and its descendants. Mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is global, then all mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin (even those intended for windows in other applications) will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is application local, only mouse and keyboard events intended for a windows within the same application (but outside the tree rooted at tkwin) will be redi- rected. Tk_Grab sets a grab on a particular window. Tkwin specifies the window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed. GrabGlobal indicates whether the grab should be global or application local; if it is non-zero, it means the grab should be global. Normally, Tk_Grab returns TCL_OK; if an error occurs and the grab cannot be set, TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left if interp's result. Once this call completes successfully, no window outside the tree rooted at tkwin will receive pointer- or keyboard-related events until the next call to Tk_Ungrab. If a previous grab was in effect within the application, then it is replaced with a new one. Tcl_Ungrab releases a grab on the mouse pointer and keyboard, if there is one set on the window given by tkwin. Once a grab is released, pointer and keyboard events will start being delivered to other windows again. KEYWORDS
grab, window Tk Tk_Grab(3)