Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Find String in FileName and move the String to new File if not found Post 302540201 by rangarasan on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 03:03:32 AM
Old 07-20-2011
Tools Display File Names With/Without digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by us_pokiri
Hi all,

I have a question..

Here is my requirement..I have 500 files in a path say /a/b/c
I have some numbers in a file which are comma seperated...and I wanted to check if the numbers are present in the FileName in the path /a/b/c..if the number is there in the file that is fine..but if it is not there...then I would want them to be written to a new file or print them...please let me know how this can be achieved...this is on linux server...

Thanks for the Help
Hi,

For Display File Names With out digit

ls -ltr | awk -F' ' '$8 !~/[0-9]/ {print $8;}'

For Display File Names With digit

ls -ltr | awk -F' ' '$8 ~/[0-9]/ {print $8;}'

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace all string instances found by find+grep

Hello all Im performing find + grep operation that looks like this : find . -name "*.dsp" | xargs grep -on Project.lib | grep -v ':0' and I like to add to this one liner the possibility to replace the string " Project.lib" that found ( more then once in file ) with "Example.lib" how can I do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't install Unicode::String due to String.so not found

CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/Unicode-String-2.09.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm /usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep on string and printing line after until another string has been found

Hello Everyone, I just started scripting this week. I have no background in programming or scripting. I'm working on a script to grep for a variable in a log file Heres what the log file looks like. The x's are all random clutter xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx START: xxxxxxxxxxxx... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxc23816
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and write a value to next line of found string

Hi, I have two variables x and y. i need to find a particular string in a file, a workflow name and then insert the values of x and y into the next lines of the workflow name. basically it is like as below wf_xxxxxx $$a= $$b= $$c= figo $$d=bentley i need to grep the 'wf_xxxx' and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string and replace with string in other file

Dear all, I need your help, I have file like this: file1:23456 01910964830098775635 34567 01942809546554654323 67589 26546854368698023653 09778 58716868568576876878 08675 86178546154065406546 08573 54165843543054354305 . .file2: 23456 25 34567 26 67589 27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move a block of lines to file if string found in the block.

I have a "main" file which has blocks of data for each user defined by tags BEGIN and END. BEGIN ID_NUM:24879 USER:abc123 HOW:47M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:arp2 STATE:active PROCESS:id60 END BEGIN ID_NUM:24880 USER:def123 HOW:4M CMD1:xyz1 CMD2:xyz2 STATE:running PROCESS:id64 END (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and append new string after

Hi All, I'm trying to insert a string into a file at a specific location. I'd like to add a string after the parent::__construct(); in my file. <?php if (! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller { function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjkilpatrick
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a file based on pattern & return the filename if found?

Hi all, I am a newbie here. I have this requirement to find a file based on a pattern then return the filename if found. I created a script based on online tutorials. Though, I am stuck & really appreciate if anyone can have a quick look & point me to the right direction? #Script starts... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buster_t
10 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.18.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)