Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP Post 302540183 by nithin6034 on Wednesday 20th of July 2011 01:19:06 AM
Old 07-20-2011
shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine.

for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to windows

On July 21, It will become 21.txt and it also should be copied.

I need a script to work this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy file from Remote Unix box to windows machine

Hi I need to copy a file from the remote unix server to windows machine. I read lot of thrad but didn't worked out. Requesting all to please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerspice
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Best possible communication mechanism between a Solaris machine and a windows machine

hi, I have some windows client machines which require a signal to be sent by a Solaris machine( SunOS 5.6) when ever a particular event occurs on that Solaris machine. What are possible communication mechanisms by which i can do this. the constraints are > the windows machines have to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cross complie linux make files onto a windows 7 machine using PGI Cygwin

Hello, I am very unfamiliar with linux/unix (don't even know the difference), but am trying to get some linux software to run on my Windows machine for my research. I have the makefiles for the software, and it is designed to be compiled in the PGI complier, which I also have. When i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: roba87
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running remote system shell script and c binary file from windows machine using java

Hi, I have an shell script program in a remote linux machine which will do some specific monitoring functionality. Also, have some C executables in that machine. From a windows machine, I want to run the shell script program (If possible using java). I tried with SSH for this. but, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram.sj
1 Replies

9. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files from Linux server local windows machine using a shell script

Hello, I need to create a shell script which will copy files - which are created on particular date and starting with particular name - to local windows XP machine. Is this possible.? Currently it is being done manually using winscp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)