Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursively move a subfolder to one upper level Post 302540163 by jiapei100 on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 08:57:59 PM
Old 07-19-2011
Recursively move a subfolder to one upper level

Hi, all:

My folder structure is like:

Quote:
root
----branch1
--------ae
------------kkk
----branch2
--------ae
------------kkk
----branch100
--------ae
------------kkk
What I'm expecting to realize is to have my folders look like:

Quote:
root
----branch1
------------kkk
----branch2
------------kkk
----branch100
------------kkk
How to realize it?

Cheers
Pei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

newbie needing help with upper level directories

What is the purpose (function) of the following upper level directories: - /bin /dev /etc /home /mnt /media /sbin /tmp /var I have encountered these, but as i said, i am new to unix and i am not quite sure what they are and what their fucntions are. Any help would be greatly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlvernon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move recursively into one folder

Hi, I have a folder with a million subdirectories which all have a million files in them (some of them duplicates).. I am looking for the right program command to move all of the files out of the directories and into one folder-- and replace all of the duplicates.. If anyone has any ideas,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect with htaccess to upper level folder, how to?

Hello, Well I have a web with a very bad structure (a vBulletin forum) and I want it redirected to a newer folder in the same server but with a upper level folder. Current structure is: https://www.unix.com/vbulletin/upload/index.php And I want it to be:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafaweb
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Link multiple files from different subfolder to a new subfolder

Hi, I have the following subfolder with files: /data/a/1/xxx.txt /data/b/2/yyy.txt /data/c/3/zzz.txt And i have a set of new folders which have exactly the same structure as above but different disk without the files: /data_02/a/1/ /data_02/b/2/ /data_02/c/3/ Now i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: total_ysf
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move directories up one level

hi , could you help me with shell scripting in a shell script i have these commands a=`ls -R $dir | grep ./ ` cp -R ./$a/* ./$output/ with the first command i have all the directories with the second command i want to copy them in a new directory something like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faethon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Move Files up One Level

Hi All, So I have another question. I'm trying to search for files with a certain extension and then move all of them up one level in the folder hierarchy. So something like this: original: /path/to/file/test.txt after: /path/to/test.txt I had some great help recently with another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create t a filelist with the latest file by YYYYMMDD and move to subfolder

Hi all, I am receiving files named like: ABC_20120730.csv ABC_20120801.csv ABC_20120812.csv They are residing in a folder named Incoming. I am supposed to write a script that will create a filelist which will contain only the name of the latest file beginning with ABC_, by YYYYMMDD... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedrick
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move all files one directory level up

I want to move all the files in a given directory up one level. For example: Dir1 Subdir1 I want to move all the files in Subdir1 up to Dir1 (then I want to ultimately delete Subdir1) Thanks, Ted (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftrobaugh
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file type recursively and move

Hello, I supposed that it was working fine but now I see that it's not working as expected. I am running under ubuntu14.04, trusty. My plan was to search folderA and all subdirectories and move any txt file to destination folder, folderB : find /home/user/folderA/ -type f -iname "*.txt"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
0 Replies
page_util_quote(3tcl)					      Parser generator tools					     page_util_quote(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(3tcl)