Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script formatting Post 302540042 by mohtashims on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 11:41:50 AM
Old 07-19-2011
Question

Removing the '}' did help.

However, wanted to understand how does a script with and the one without both work fine ?

Also, I need to know how to print the script variable inside awk.

For eg:

timezone="$(date | awk '{print $5}')"

nawk 'BEGIN{while("ls -lte|grep -v total" |getline line){l=split(line,arr);a[++p]=arr[l]" was deployed on "arr[7]" "arr[6]" "arr[9]" at "arr[8]" $timezone"}'

Output:
$timezone

What i need is the value of timezone variable.

Many thanks,
Mohtashim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Date Formatting in Shell Script

Hi, Can anybody throw somelight on how to handle date in a shell script? I need to pass the date in this format 'yymmdd' and then pad it to a file. The way in which i've handled is given below, but the date is not getting passed rather the file is getting created with a null date. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isiva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Script Output

Hello all, Can somebody please offer some advice. I'm working on a small script to list all packages on the local and remote systems and need it in the following format. Machine Name, Package, Version Here is what i have so far but i can't seem to get the output of the hostname to loop to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script formatting

Hello, I have got the following kine in my script awk '{printf("%s,", $0);next}{printf("%s", $0)}' ORS="," a.txt > b.out The contents of b looks somewaht like this: QUEUE(QUEUE1.Q),CURDEPTH(0),QUEUE(QUEUE2.Q),CURDEPTH(0),QUEUE(QUEUE3.Q),CURDEPTH(0) But my desired output is :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for data formatting

Hi I have to convert the data in a file ******* 01-20-09 11:14AM 60928 ABC Valuation-2009.xls 01-20-09 11:16AM 55808 DEF GHI Equation-2009.xls 01-20-09 11:02AM 52736 ABC DF Valuation-2009.xls 01-20-09 11:06AM 89600 THE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting script

Disclaimer: I did not set out to write the next big thing... I'm simply collecting all of the group information for all of the users across disparate hosts. I wrote a simple script to collect all of the group information for each user on a system and pushed it out to each host: #!/bin/sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: avronius
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the output of a script

Dear readers, I have a script that counts the number of files in particular directories in my home location and displays the output. Now I have 13 directories in my home location. I am getting the output as : Avishek_dir 13 Kunal_dir 17 Shantanu_dir 18 Arup_dir 12 Pranabesh_dir 19 . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in formatting script files

Hi, Can anyone tell me how i can convert all tab spaces inside a script to 4 spaces through another script. Also i need to find if all the quotes are matching and ended properly. Any idea whould be of great help. Many thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting a shell script

there is one shell which calls for different sql scripts. output of different are formatted in frame like structure.i want columnar wise formatting to be done in such a manner that output of one sql may be comon input of rest sqls . ERC DML Closure Date ER DML SAP Transfer Date ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arc
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting output of script

I'm looking for a way to neaten up the out put of an ldapquery. I might get one, none, or several returns for each query; and each query consists of multiple lines. And while each return will contain the same types of info, it might be in a different order, like: uniq: 1 ip: 192.168.2.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help in formatting answer of shell script

Dear all, I am new to shell scripting and have tried to make a small program for fun sake that tells age from the last number of cell phone and birth year. At the end we get a final 3 digit number and the first digit represents the last digit of cell phone and rest 2 numbers shows age. eg. 423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stg44
4 Replies
LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)						 1						LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)

Locale::getAllVariants - Gets the variants for the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic array Locale::getAllVariants (string $locale) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array locale_get_all_variants (string $locale) Gets the variants for the input locale PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to extract the variants from RETURN VALUES
The array containing the list of all variants subtag for the locale or NULL if not present EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_all_variants(3) example <?php $arr = locale_get_all_variants('sl_IT_NEDIS_ROJAZ_1901'); var_export( $arr ); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $arr = Locale::getAllVariants('sl_IT_NEDIS_ROJAZ_1901'); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'NEDIS', 1 => 'ROJAZ', 2 => '1901', ) SEE ALSO
locale_get_primary_language(3), locale_get_script(3), locale_get_region(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)