Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to grow my files System?
Operating Systems Solaris How to grow my files System? Post 302540004 by thegeek on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 09:50:50 AM
Old 07-19-2011
Not direct answer, but some pointers to proceed.

1. What is swap space: All about Linux swap space | Linux.com

2. Check whether you have partitions ... with those 40 gig, or search about linux partitioning..
if already created, then you can use those ... how ? by creating files and directories in those partitions ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Where to grow up?

Hi, all! I've been working for one year as a Unix systems engineer(Solaris) in a large company. Two days ago I found, that I didn't exactly know where should I grow up? I can't drop this idea away and I'm still thinking about it. I'm trying to imagine myself in a next year. Available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: movx
1 Replies

2. SuSE

grow /var size how

Hi all, I am using SLES 9 and have following partitions mounted I would like to make /var 10G atleast. fdisk -l This system is doing RAID5(HW). Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

3. Solaris

grow filesystem

Hi, how to grow a filesystem when the 2 disks are mirrored using hardware RAID? Only 100G out of 136G is used for now. I would like to increase one of the slices by adding the 36G of space. Pls assist. I only know of using growfs on mirrored disks using SVM.(soft mirror) (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

4. AIX

Cannot grow jfs file system on AIX 5.2

Hello all, I'm trying to grow a file system by 500MB using SMIT on AIX 5.2 but I receive this error: "0516-404 allocp: This system cannot fulfill the allocation request. There are not enough free partitions or not enough physical volumes to keep strictness and satisfy allocation requests.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
3 Replies

5. Solaris

resize / and grow swap

Hi, this is solaris 10 on sparc sf280r, 2 disks mirrored using SVM, swap is 4GB (slice 1) and rest all is given for / (slice0) in 36G disk. I have already mirrored disks using SVM, for clear picture, I'm pasting some part of config below, # Slice 0 metainit -f d110 1 1 c1t0d0s0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to Grow the Size of volume

I have a 146Gb drive and want to grow the size from 12G to the max available left. I think 20G is being used so I want to max out from 12 G to 126G. Is this possible? Can you help with the command. root@WRPDWI6k-BU # df -h Filesystem size used avail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udubya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

8. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

9. Solaris

No swap space to grow stack

Dear Solaris Experts, I had a Problem with swap consumption in our Production server. I found error message in /var/adm/message: Aug 1 10:55:40 production genunix: WARNING: Sorry, no swap space to grow stack for pid 29716 (oracle) What should I do for temporary solution? I need no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)