Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem to initialize ksh array when first element includes hyphen Post 302539990 by gdan2000 on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 09:33:14 AM
Old 07-19-2011
This is exactly the problem

I do want the first element to be with hyphen since all script arguments including hyphen.

What is the way to do it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

accessing my first element of array

Hello everyonel, I have an array set like so num=4 read name arr=name I go through while loop to assign different values to different array element from 1 to 4. when I try to access the FIRST element of the array I get the last one first. Like if I say ${arr} it will show the last element... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding array element in KSH

All, I would like to add the first 10 elements of an array. Here is how I am doing it now (only included first few add ops): #!/usr/bin/ksh ###Grab the array values out of a file### TOTAL=`awk '/time/' /tmp/file.out | awk '{print $4}'` set -A times $TOTAL SUM=$((${times} + times... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to initialize array with a larger number?

Language: ksh OS: SunOS I have been getting the 'subscript out of range' error when the below array variable gets elements greater that 1024. I understand that 1024 is the default size for 'set -A' dynamic array, but is there a way to initialize it with a larger number? set -A arr `grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh function getopts get leading underscore unless preceded by hyphen

If I call my function with grouped options: "logm -TDIWEFO 'message' ", then only the "T" gets parsed correctly. The subsequent values returned have underscores prefixed to the value: "_D", "_I", etc. If I "logm -T -DIWEFO 'message' ", the "T" and the "D" are OK, but "I" through "O" get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchriste
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Assigning zero to element of ksh array.

set -A matched #find referenced files. for i in ${file_names_html} do counter_j=0 for j in ${file_names_minus_index} do match=`cat $i | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh insert element in array

Hi all, I need help with the following scenario in ksh. If the number of elements contained by arrayA is 11 I need to insert a zero as the element arrayA then print all arrayA elements separated by comma. Appreciate your help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to call an element from an array in ksh

Hi, I have: # Initialize variables #!/usr/bin/ksh FILENM=$1 INDEX=0 # read filename echo "You are working with the Config file: $FILENM" while read line do echo $line data=$line ((INDEX=INDEX+1)) done <"$FILENM" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File names as array element in ksh

Hi, I have an ksh array(ARR). the elements to the array are file names. i need to go to each file in the array and manipulate the records. for name in ${files}; do ---this loop is for all the file names in the array for i in $(wc -l < $name); do --this loop is for all the records in... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Array Element

This question is for someone that's more familiar with Array Element. I need to know if the maximum array element that can be assigned is 1024 and if its so, Is there a workaround solution when the counter exceeded 1024? param_array="$param_nam" counter=$counter+1 #to avoid space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cumeh1624
3 Replies
shareall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      shareall(1M)

NAME
shareall, unshareall - share, unshare multiple resources SYNOPSIS
shareall [ -F FSType [ ,FSType...]] [-| file] unshareall [ -F FSType [ ,FSType...]] DESCRIPTION
When used with no arguments, shareall shares all resources from file, which contains a list of share command lines. If the operand is a hyphen (-), then the share command lines are obtained from the standard input. Otherwise, if neither a file nor a hyphen is specified, then the file /etc/dfs/dfstab is used as the default. Resources may be shared by specific file system types by specifying the file systems in a comma-separated list as an argument to -F. unshareall unshares all currently shared resources. Without a -F flag, it unshares resources for all distributed file system types. OPTIONS
-F FSType Specify file system type. Defaults to the first entry in /etc/dfs/fstypes. FILES
/etc/dfs/dfstab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
share(1M), unshare(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 shareall(1M)