Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract date from filename and set timestamp Post 302539871 by qwerty1234 on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 03:19:22 AM
Old 07-19-2011
MySQL

This did the trick:

Code:
for i in $(find $document_root -name dvgrab-\*.mpg) ; do
     touch -t $(echo $i | sed 's/.*dvgrab-\([0-9]\{4\}\)\.\([0-9]\{2\}\)\.\([0-9]\{2\}\)_\([0-9]\{2\}\)-\([0-9]\{2\}\)-\([0-9]\{2\}\).mpg/\1\2\3\4\5.\6/')  $i;
 done

Thanks a lot for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timestamp in the filename

Hi i want to replace the previous time stamp with the current timsatp at the start of the file like 20090710_113354_FT0710a.txt this one to 20091111__113354_FT0710a.txt thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract timestamp from the filename?

Hi., My file name is of the format: name_abc_20100531_142528.txt where., my timestamp is of the format: yyyymmdd_hhmmss How to extract the date strring and time string into seperate variables in the shell script, after reading the file as the input? I want to get the variables... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract date from filename and create a new file

Hi, i have a filename CRED20102009.txt in a server 20102009 is the date of the file ddmmaaaa format the complete route is /dprod/informatica/Fuentes/CRED20102009.csv i want to extract the date to create a new file named Parameters.txt I need to create Parameters.txt with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel1001
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My Requirement: 1) There are some set of files in a directory like given below OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_acc.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_faf.csv OTP_UFSC_20120530000000_prom.csv... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

6. Programming

to extract all the part of the filename before a particular word in the filename

Hi All, Thanks in Advance I am working on a shell script. I need some assistance. My code: if then set "subscriber" "promplan" "mapping" "dedicatedaccount" "faflistSub" "faflistAcc" "accumulator"\ "pam_account"; for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aealexanderraj
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename timestamp

Hi Gurus, I have different files with different timestamp and different base file name, I have to group those files based on basename and provide a unique file name for similar file names. My Directory has following files. abc_filename_20130623:00:09:00.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_linux
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract Date part from the filename

Hi All, I have incoming source files abcmmyy.txt I need to extract the mmyy part from the filename and pass that to a variable . I really appreciate your quick response on this. Thanks raj (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
DVGRAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DVGRAB(1)

NAME
dvgrab -- Grab DV video and audio data via IEEE1394 links SYNOPSIS
dvgrab [--autosplit] [--card num] [--channel num] [--format fmt] [--frames num] [--help] [--testmode] [--timestamp] [--version] [base] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, doc- umentation is provided online at http://www.schirmacher.de/arne/dvgrab/dvgrab_manual1_e.html. dvgrab is a program that captures DV video and audio data from digital camcorders via an IEEE1394 link. (IEEE1394 is also known under the various trademarks FireWire, i.Link, or Lynx.) The DV data is stored in one or several files and can later be processed by video editing software. dvgrab will NOT remote control the camcorder nor show the video's content on screen. The base argument is used to construct the filename to store video data in, like base_id.ext where id is a running number starting from 001 and ext is the file name extension specifying the file format used, e.g. avi. A different naming scheme is used whenever the --timestamp is given (see below). OPTIONS
--autosplit Try to detect whenever a new recording starts, and store it into a separate file. If used together with the --frames option, a new file will be started whenever the given frame count is reached. Autosplit is off by default. --card num Tells dvgrab to receive data from IEEE1394 card num. Defaults to 0, i. e. the first card found. --channel num Isochannel to receive data from. Defaults to 63, which is pretty much standard among DV camcorders these days. --format dv1 | dv2 | raw | test Specifies the format of the output file(s). dv1 and dv2 both are AVI files with slightly different DV codecs. While dv1 pro- duces smaller output, some applications won't grok it and require dv2 instead. raw stores the data unmodified. Some old Linux software can handle this format. Furthermore, you can trick the Windows QuickTime app into playing such files by renaming them to file extension .dv. test as the name suggests is used for testing purposes only. The output can be fed back into dvgrab using the --testmode option. Defaults to dv1 --frames num This option tells dvgrab to store at most num frames per file. The corresponding time depends on the video system used. PAL shows 25, NTSC about 30 frames per second. Defaults to no frame limit. AVI output, however, has an implicit limit on file size, causing AVI file to be split unconditionally when the grow near 1GB. --help Show summary of options. --testmode Read complete video transmission from a file. Used for development only. --timestamp Put information on date and time of recording into file name. --version Show version of program. EXAMPLES
dvgrab foo Captures video data from the default IEEE1394 source and stores it to files foo_001.avi, foo_002.avi, etc. dvgrab --frames 25 foo Assuming a PAL video source, this command records one second's worth of video data. dvgrab --autosplit --frames 750 --timestamp foo Records video data from the default IEEE1394 source, cuts it into chunks of 30 seconds (assuming PAL) and names the resulting files according to date and time info in the videostream. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Kobras kobras@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). It is heavily based on the online documentation at http://www.schirmacher.de/arne/dvgrab/dvgrab_manual1_e.html. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license can be found under /usr/share/common-licenses/FDL. DVGRAB(1)