Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Math action in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Math action in ksh Post 302539824 by pravin27 on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 01:25:37 AM
Old 07-19-2011
Code:
 echo "scale=2; 4 / 3" | bc

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

action command

Hi.. When i refered the script /etc/rc.sysinit... i found the "action commands" like But this is not working in my shells.. the following error is coming... Please anybody help Thanks in advance esham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why won't my Ksh do math with (( ))?

Hello, I'm usring Ksh on AIX 5.3. For some reason my K-Shell gives me an error when I try to use the math operators (( )). Can anyone tell me what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks so much! My K-Shell: />ls -al /usr/bin/ksh -r-xr-xr-x 5 bin bin 237420 Apr 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

same action in then as in else: explanation?

in /etc/init.d/networking of an ubuntu computer, I found this code: if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then log_action_end_msg $? else log_action_end_msg $? fi Shouldn't it be replace by ifdown -a --exclude=lo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with find its action

I am writing a shell script that takes at least 2 arguments. The first is an octal representation of file permissions, the second is a command that is executed on all the files found with that permission. #!/bin/sh find . -perm $1 -exec $2 $3 $4 {} \; invoked: ./script.sh 543 ls -la what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh date math

I have a requirement to remove all files from a directory execpt those > (now -N hrs). Once I can figure out how to calculate (now -N hrs) I was thinking of creating a temporary file with that time (now-N hrs) than using the find and -newer option. Does anybody have any KSH code (needs to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple action!

lets explain it easy by showing the initial file and desired file: I've a file such this that contains: initial_file: 31/12/2011 23:46:08 38.6762 43.689 14.16 Ml 3.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh field math

Hi, I have a text like with many rows of data like: 7a,0,1182 7a,1,1040 7b,0,483 7b,1,242 7c,0,224 7c,1,877 I need to be able to take the value of the first field (i.e. 7a) and if there are multiples, add the value of the third field, (1182 + 1040) and insert the output of all of this in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptr2be
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)