Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Regarding NFS server username/password authentication Post 302539786 by jgt on Monday 18th of July 2011 07:30:22 PM
Old 07-18-2011
On the server side, add the client names to the exports file, usually /etc/exports.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

i wanto hardcode password for a username to ssh to a server using script

Dear all i want to ssh to a server via running a shell script with a username and i want to hard code the password for that particular username can u help me please Thank u Naree (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to log in SFTP server [with username, password]

Hi, everyone, I am trying to write a script to login automatically using username and password to an sftp server (the key authentication has been disabled so I cannot use that method). I tried to search online for a solution and found a way using "expect" but my boss does not want me to use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: warmboy610
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i su automaticaly in same server with different username and same password?

Hi I am new to shell scripting, Can you please help me in writing a script that can switch user in same server with different user name and same password. I want to perform some functional task in a particular user and need to switch user and perform same activity in another user and so on ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dew
4 Replies
rpc.mountd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     rpc.mountd(8)

NAME
rpc.mountd - NFS mount daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rpc.mountd [options] DESCRIPTION
The rpc.mountd program implements the NFS mount protocol. When receiving a MOUNT request from an NFS client, it checks the request against the list of currently exported file systems. If the client is permitted to mount the file system, rpc.mountd obtains a file handle for requested directory and returns it to the client. Exporting NFS File Systems Making file systems available to NFS clients is called exporting. Usually, a file system and the hosts it should be made available to are listed in the /etc/exports file, and invoking exportfs -a whenever the system is booted. The exportfs(8) command makes export information available to both the kernel NFS server module and the rpc.mountd daemon. Alternatively, you can export individual directories temporarily using exportfs's host:/directory syntax. The rmtab File For every mount request received from an NFS client, rpc.mountd adds an entry to the /var/lib/nfs/rmtab file. When receiving an unmount request, that entry is removed. user level part of the NFS service. However, this file is mostly ornamental. One, the client can continue to use the file handle even after calling rpc.mountd 's UMOUNT proce- dure. And two, if a client reboots without notifying rpc.mountd , a stale entry will remain in rmtab. OPTIONS
-d kind or --debug kind Turn on debugging for kind. -F or --foreground Run in foreground (do not daemonize) -f or --exports-file This option specifies the exports file, listing the clients that this server is prepared to serve and parameters to apply to each such mount (see exports(5)). By default, export information is read from /etc/exports. -h or --help Display usage message. -o num or --descriptors num Set the limit of the number of open file descriptors to num. The default is 256. -N or --no-nfs-version This option can be used to request that rpc.mountd do not offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.mountd can sup- port both NFS version 2 and the newer version 3. If the NFS kernel module was compiled without support for NFSv3, rpc.mountd must be invoked with the option --no-nfs-version 3 . -n or --no-tcp Don't advertise TCP for mount. -P Ignored (compatibility with unfsd??). -p or --port num Force rpc.mountd to bind to the specified port num, instead of using the random port number assigned by the portmapper. -V or --nfs-version This option can be used to request that rpc.mountd offer certain versions of NFS. The current version of rpc.mountd can support both NFS version 2 and the newer version 3. -v or --version Print the version of rpc.mountd and exit. TCP_WRAPPERS SUPPORT This rpc.mountd version is protected by the tcp_wrapper library. You have to give the clients access to rpc.mountd if they should be allowed to use it. To allow connects from clients of the .bar.com domain you could use the following line in /etc/hosts.allow: mountd: .bar.com You have to use the daemon name mountd for the daemon name (even if the binary has a different name). For further information please have a look at the tcpd(8) and hosts_access(5) manual pages. SEE ALSO
rpc.nfsd(8), exportfs(8), exports(5), rpc.rquotad(8). FILES
/etc/exports, /var/lib/nfs/xtab. AUTHOR
Olaf Kirch, H. J. Lu, G. Allan Morris III, and a host of others. 25 Aug 2000 rpc.mountd(8)