Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming GMAKE error returns - What does that mean ? Post 302539690 by intcwrtr on Monday 18th of July 2011 11:37:40 AM
Old 07-18-2011
GMAKE error returns - What does that mean ?

I am using xmake which I guess calls gmake which ... whatever.

I get an error in my compiling and want to know what the error number means. For example, the message might be "Error 139".

Rather then post the exact code fragment and exact output, I want to find the a list of error codes and find out what it means for myself.

Is there such a list ? where might this be ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gmake

Can somebody tell me about "gmake "utility and its apparent advantage with "Imake" and "Make".??? can somebody send me the URLs where I can get more material on above topics? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhishek
1 Replies

2. AIX

gmake For AIX 5.3

hello everybody i will be very thankful if someone tells me where i can find the gmake for AIX 5.3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eternalflame
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPAM_TWW -gmake utilities

Hi CPAM-TWW, We need to know Whether CPAM-TWW ( cross platform application Management) package comes along With HP-UX11i . if so , Please get Which package needs to be triggered during installation ( We are more intrested on TWWgmake and TWWutilites( 3rd party software The Written Word)) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
0 Replies

4. Programming

what is the distinguish between gmake and make?

I am working on solaris 9. and use gmake to compile and linke c/c++ program. anybody can tell me the distinguish between gmake and make? :confused: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep returns many values into a variable error

I get an error when I grep my results into a variable when the grep finds more than one file. FND="$(find ediout* -mmin -60)" if ; then STR="$(find ediout* -mmin -60 -exec grep -l "ERRORS Encountered" {} +)" fi When there is only one ediout file it works fine. How do I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aispg8
11 Replies

6. Programming

gmake undefined symbol error

I have a C code which i am trying to compile using gcc. When i am trying to compile it i get the error undefined symbol error though i am providing the -l*** option where *** refers to the module where the object files for those symbols are present. Can someone help me on the same. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of shell script returns error 127

Hi All, While running shell script i got following output. interpreter "usr/bin/ksh" not found sh: step1.sh: not found. ldnhpux | oracle >echo $? 127 - Running command "which ksh" retruns "usr/bin/ksh". - I found some information on web stating to remove extra carriage return chars,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchirP
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gmake on Mac

I am using my teminal on Mac to run some files with gmake, (I used unix before,but now I am trying to run it frm my mac) and I get the error message: -bash: gmake: command not found Any idea what the problem might be? Thanks! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gmake

hi with regard that i am new with linux , i don't have any information about GNU make? is it a part of linux or it must be installed in linux separately? thanks in advance for you attention best regard fereshte (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: komijani
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Iscsiadm command returns error 'no records found'

Hi there, I'm currently working on an exercise to connect to a Windows iscsi target via a Red Hat initiator machine. I'm using Windows Server 2012 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux v7.1 I have created the target on the Windows Server box and the two devices can communicate with each other. Verified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tech87
3 Replies
Tk_InitStubs(3) 					       Tk Library Procedures						   Tk_InitStubs(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_InitStubs - initialize the Tk stubs mechanism SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> const char * Tk_InitStubs(interp, version, exact) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Tcl interpreter handle. char *version (in) A version string consisting of one or more decimal numbers separated by dots. int exact (in) Non-zero means that only the particular Tk version specified by version is acceptable. Zero means that versions newer than version are also acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as ver- sion. _________________________________________________________________ INTRODUCTION
The Tcl stubs mechanism defines a way to dynamically bind extensions to a particular Tcl implementation at run time. the stubs mechanism requires no changes to applications incoporating Tcl/Tk interpreters. Only developers creating C-based Tcl/Tk extensions need to take steps to use the stubs mechanism with their extensions. See the Tcl_InitStubs page for more information. Enabling the stubs mechanism for a Tcl/Tk extension requires the following steps: 1) Call Tcl_InitStubs in the extension before calling any other Tcl functions. 2) Call Tk_InitStubs if the extension before calling any other Tk functions. 2) Define the USE_TCL_STUBS symbol. Typically, you would include the -DUSE_TCL_STUBS flag when compiling the extension. 3) Link the extension with the Tcl and Tk stubs libraries instead of the standard Tcl and Tk libraries. On Unix platforms, the library names are libtclstub8.4.a and libtkstub8.4.a; on Windows platforms, the library names are tclstub84.lib and tkstub84.lib (adjust names with appropriate version number). DESCRIPTION
Tk_InitStubs attempts to initialize the Tk stub table pointers and ensure that the correct version of Tk is loaded. In addition to an interpreter handle, it accepts as arguments a version number and a Boolean flag indicating whether the extension requires an exact version match or not. If exact is 0, then the extension is indicating that newer versions of Tk are acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as version; non-zero means that only the specified version is acceptable. Tcl_InitStubs returns a string containing the actual version of Tk satisfying the request, or NULL if the Tk version is not acceptable, does not support the stubs mechanism, or any other error condition occurred. SEE ALSO
Tcl_InitStubs KEYWORDS
stubs Tk 8.4 Tk_InitStubs(3)