Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append something to a word using sed command Post 302539632 by Scott on Monday 18th of July 2011 09:34:46 AM
Old 07-18-2011
Code:
$ sed "s/PROGRAM_NAME=[^)]*/PROGRAM_NAME=put what you want here/" file
VVV= jdbc: oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(PORT=XXXX))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=)(P ORT=XXXX))(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(PROGRAM_NAME=put what you want here)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)))

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append word to lines

Hi all, Can someone suggest how to append some word to all lines in file. for example word "Honey" to file f1 with lines: Mia Katrin Elizabeth to get Honey Mia Honey Katrin Honey Elizabeth Thanks in advance Givi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giviut
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with this sed command? delete & append

I want to write a sed command that does the following work: file: <a>asdfasdf<\s> <line>hello</line> <b>adf<\c> <b>tttttttt<\c> output: name=hello sed -e 's/^*//' -n -e '/<line>/s/<*>//gp;' -e 's/^/name="/g' file but I can not append "=" after getting the line with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: minifish
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a word with new line and /

Hi, I have been trying to replace the key word "SQL> spool off " with "/ show errors" with out double quotes in all the files in a directory. above show erros should be displayed next line Could you please help me how to do that. I have tried something like this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to remove a word from string

Hello All, I am running a command find . -name amp.cfg | cut -c 3- which gives me output something like below rel/prod/amp.cfg rel/fld/amp.cfg deb/detail/amp.cfg deb/err/amp.cfg I want to remove trailing "/amp.cfg" so that i should get output something like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables in 'sed' append command?

HELLO!! I'm trying to pass a variable with in the 'sed' command (which would add some piece of code to file at a particular line). We can use sed '{line-number}a\ alfjaljf\ aslfjsfsjafl\ adlfjaf\' file.txt If file.txt is Now, I would like to add the parameter 'lmn' after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a value to the output after using sed command?

Hi All, I have a file where I am converting newlines to comma separated values but I would like to append zero if the output is empty Here is the command I am using sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' test1.txt test1.txt will have comma seperated values but sometimes this file can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting error in sed command in replacing a word in all xmls

Hi Folks , I have to replace the following value in all the xml files so the value is tcp://pondevpms1.fm.rbsgrp.net:6033,pondevpms2.fm.rbsgrp.net:6033 and the value with it need to be replaces is shown below tcp://pondevpms1:3063 so i have fired the below command inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclesamm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to append word at end of line

hello Team, I am looking for sed command or script which will append word at end of line. for example. I want to validate particular filesystem with mount |<filesystem name> command. if nodev parameter is not there then it should add in the fstab file with receptive to the filesystem. # mount... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
8 Replies
FBB::mlm(3bobcat)                                             OFoldStream manipulator                                            FBB::mlm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::mlm - Manipulator modifying left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The mlm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to modify the stream's left margin by a requested amount. The request cannot result in a negative left margin value. If a negative left margin would be the arithmetic result of the request then left margin 0 will silently be used. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be added to the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still empty once an mlm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below) A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o mlm(int addValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << mlm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << mlm(-10) << flush << "left margin -6 changed to 0, active on this line "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/mlm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), lm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)