Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a script to convert csh to bash Post 302539622 by fpmurphy on Monday 18th of July 2011 09:03:00 AM
Old 07-18-2011
No such tool exists as far as I know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting bash script to csh

Hi, I'm a beginner in scripting and I recently wrote a bash script that would've worked fine until I realized it needed to be written in csh. Could someone please show me how to correctly change the syntax from bash to csh in this script? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can provide more... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate a short csh script to bash

Hi, I have a csh: set NODES = `cat $HOST_FILE` set NODELIST = $TMPDIR/namd2.nodelist echo group main >! $NODELIST foreach node ( $NODES ) echo host $node >> $NODELIST end @ NUMPROCS = 2 * $#NODES I am very frustrated to translate it to bash: NODES = `cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh to .csh

Hi All, Could any one of you give me a hand to convert the following line of codes from .sh to .csh please ? proc_id=`fuser /tmp/test` if then echo "File is not being used by any thing" fi if then echo "File is being used... please wait" sleep 1 fi Regards. ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sraj142
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from csh to sh

Dear all I am installing some eda software using script. My OS is ubuntu 10.04 and the eda software writing in csh. Since ubuntu reading script file in sh writting. I need someone can help me to convert some definition in script from csh to sh. Below is part of script set archinfo =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tompham
3 Replies

7. Programming

Convert Bash script to C

dear all, i need your advice for convert bash shell to C programming INDEX=/zpool1/NFS/INDEX/${1} SCRIPT=/zpool1/NFS/script/${1} LIST=SAMPLE cd ${SCRIPT} for i in `cat ${LIST}` do GETDATE=`echo ${i}|awk '{print substr($1,9,8)}'` /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F ":" '{close(f);f=$4}{print >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any script to convert sh to csh ?

Hi All Is there anyone who have the script to covnert a sh sell script to csh and can share with me? Thanks a lot! Nick:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolast0604
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing script from csh to bash

Hello Guys I have a script working fine on csh, but I would like to change it to bash, how I should change this command to be able to work as bash script. :wall: if ( $fsw > "0" ) then foreach swath ( `awk 'BEGIN {for (i='$fsw';i<='$lsw';i++) printf ("%s\n", i) }'` ) ## work to be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting awk script from bash to csh

I have the following script set up and working properly in bash. It basically copies a set of lines which match "AS1100002" from one file and replaces the same lines in another file. awk -vN=AS1100002* 'NR==FNR { if($1 ~ N)K=$0; next } { if($1 in K) $0=K; print }' $datadir/file1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies
RACOON-TOOL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    RACOON-TOOL(8)

NAME
racoon-tool - program to manage the racoon(8) IPSEC IKE daemon. SYNOPSIS
racoon-tool [-h] reload|restart|force-reload|start|stop racoon-tool [-h] sadflush|spdflush|saddump|spddump racoon-tool [-h] vpndown|vdown|vpnup|vup connection-name|all racoon-tool [-h] vpnreload|vreload connection-name|all racoon-tool [-h] vpnlist|vlist [connection-name|all] racoon-tool [-h] vpnmenu|vmenu [connection-name-regexp] racoon-tool [-h] racoonstart|racoonstop|rstart|rstop DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the racoon-tool command. racoon-tool(8) is a perl script that can be used to control the racoon(8) IKE daemon and the SPD database within the kernel via the setkey(8) command. Various operations that it can do are described below. You can also optionally choose not to use it via reconfiguring the racoon package using dpkg-reconfigure(8). OPTIONS
A summary of options are included below. -h Show summary of options. COMMANDS
start Start racoon(8), loading any needed modules, configuring the SPD, and generating a configuration from /etc/racoon/racoon-tool.conf (head) and following up with *.conf files from /etc/racoon/racoon-tool.conf.d/. stop Stop racoon(8) unloading any crypto/IPSEC modules, flushing the SAD and SPD. reload Regenerate configuration from /etc/racoon/racoon.conf, and /etc/racoon/racoon.conf.d/, HUP racoon(8) and reinitialise the SPD and SAD. restart|force-reload Perform a stop followed by a start sadflush Flush the SAD via setkey(8). spdflush Flush the SPD via setkey(8). saddump|dump Dump the SAD to screen via setkey(8), paginating via your pager. spddump Dump the SPD to screen via setkey(8), paginating via your pager. vpnup|vup connection-name|all Bring up the VPN connection(s). vpndown|vdown connection-name|all Take down the VPN connection(s). vpnreload|vreload connection-name|all Reload the VPN connection(s). vpnlist|vlist [connection-name|all] List the known VPN connections in /etc/racoon/racoon-tool.conf, etc. Can be used by a script or administrator to see if a VPN con- nection exists. vpnmenu|vmenu [connection-name-regexp] Start the VPN menu management mode. This displays the SPD, and you can shutdown VPNs from here. Latter on support will be added for checking status and reloading the chosen connection. racoonstart|rstart Start only the racoon(8) daemon. racoonstop|rstop Stop only the racoon(8) daemon. FILES
/etc/racoon/racoon-tool.conf - configuration file (head). /etc/racoon/racoon-tool.conf.d - configuration file segment directory read after the above. /var/lib/racoon/racoon.conf - generated racoon.conf SEE ALSO
racoon(8), racoon.conf(5), setkey(8), racoon-tool.conf(5). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <matthewgrant5@gmail.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). RACOON-TOOL(8)