Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which Tablet to Choose?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Which Tablet to Choose? Post 302539590 by Neo on Monday 18th of July 2011 07:33:34 AM
Old 07-18-2011
You can always get a table docking station or bluetooth keyboard if you need to "type away"; but I agree with you and think my MacBook Air is far superior to tablets; so I am like you, waiting for the price to come down and for the Android tablet OS and market to mature. I can't find an easy fit for a tablet between my MBA and my Samsung Galaxy SII for another device. The MBA is light, powerful and works well just about every place I would use a tablet; except where I use a phone; and my new 4.3in AMOLED screen on the GSII is more than "good enough" for all other places where a bigger, heavier tablet might come into play.

I'm also in "wait mode" for a tablet, like you. I did not feel this way before I purchased my MBA, BTW.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial Ports, wacom tablet under unix

Hi, I'm new to the boards and don't know all that much about unix either. I do have quite a specific question though and i hope someone can help me with it... i'm going crazy...i've been trying to set up a wacom tablet on my unix box. i've don't it before but it was taken away and the os... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Salwey
3 Replies

2. Android

Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet?

Let's find out about users of Android. I'm becoming a big Android follower. You? After a lot of research, I am thinking to by the Samsung Galaxy S as soon as it updates to Android 2.2. I'm also closely following the release of the Samsung Galaxy Tab! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

choose y or n

Hi, I have written a choice based shell script some thing like this: if (y) execute code .... fi else if(n) terminating the problem with the above scripting is it will work as far as the options are y or n. but i want to reiterate the same code when the user inputs something else... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create Industria OS for tablet

Hi people! I have a homemade RepRap, and I would like to create an own OS as the attached videos. Have you got any ideas how to start? Minute 6:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-tg1uZ57lM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-zlnczHow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jirlfLTnsQ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arcadi
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Tablet with Debian Linux ?

Hi , i want to buy a tablet with LINUX DEBIAN. Sparky is possible too. Have heared about Ubuntu Touch and a tablet with a real keyboard to switch from touch to normal keyboard. Does anyone know something ? WBR SM (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
3 Replies
glutTabletButtonFunc(3GLUT)					       GLUT					       glutTabletButtonFunc(3GLUT)

NAME
glutTabletButtonFunc - sets the special keyboard callback for the current window. SYNTAX
#include <GLUT/glut.h> void glutTabletButtonFunc(void (*func)(int button, int state, int x, int y)); ARGUMENTS
func The new tablet button callback function. DESCRIPTION
glutTabletButtonFunc sets the tablet button callback for the current window. The tablet button callback for a window is called when the window has tablet input focus (normally, when the mouse is in the window) and the user generates tablet button presses. The button parame- ter will be the button number (starting at one). The number of available tablet buttons can be determined with glutDe- viceGet(GLUT_NUM_TABLET_BUTTONS). The state is either GLUT_UP or GLUT_DOWN indicating whether the callback was due to a release or press respectively. The x and y callback parameters indicate the window relative coordinates when the tablet button state changed. Registering a tablet button callback when a tablet device is not available is ineffectual and not an error. In this case, no tablet button callbacks will be generated. Passing NULL to glutTabletButtonFunc disables the generation of tablet button callbacks. When a new window is created, no tablet button callback is initially registered. SEE ALSO
glutTabletMotionFunc, glutDeviceGet, glutMotionFunc, glutSpaceballMotionFunc AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutTabletButtonFunc(3GLUT)