Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl: Subroutine question
Top Forums Programming perl: Subroutine question Post 302539553 by dummy_code on Monday 18th of July 2011 05:45:40 AM
Old 07-18-2011
perl: Subroutine question

Hi everyone,
I have given up finally trying to find a way to do this.
I have a subroutine called LoginFirst where I am starting a new SSH session.
I have bunch of subroutines, each one of them uses a (or I have to create
a new SSH constructor everytime) ssh connection to get some value so
what I did is use LoginFirst to first start a ssh and then re-use the handle
in all other subroutines but does not seem to be working, can someone please help.

Code:
sub LoginFirst {
    my $ssh = Net::SSH::Expect->new (
           host => $self->{ipaddr},
           password=> $self->{Password},
           user => $self->{UserName},
           raw_pty => 1,
           timeout => 10
    );
  return $ssh;
}

sub DeviceVersion {
      my $newssh = LoginFirst();
      my @commands = ("enable","show version");
      my $commands = join "\n", @commands;
      my $prout = $newssh->exec($commands);
      print " $prout\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a perl subroutine regex

Hi, I can't get this script ot work and I wa wondering if anyone could help? I need to open a file and use a subroutine to search each line for a regular expression. If it matches then I need to return a match from the subroutine and print the result? Any help would be greatly... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Subroutine

Okay I have a 1TB drive that is almost completely full with vids. I am in the process of converting them to mp4. I have two scripts right now. One is a shell script to convert them with Handbrake. The other is a script to get a sort of progress report. To make things easier to understand, I will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dalton63841
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Perl Subroutine Passed In Variable is 1?

The following subroutine prints 1 instead of the content of the Equipment variable. Can someone tell me why? #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe # use strict 'vars'; my $Equipments = "data/equips.txt"; unless (open(EQUIP_FH, "$Equipments")) { print "errors: $Equipments\n"; # This line prints... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tqlam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling perl subroutine from shell script (sh)

Hi, ive a perl script, where it has a subroutine clear() in it, and i've one shell script which runs in background, from that shell script i wanted to call subroutine which is in perl script, that's perl script is not module, just simple script. Eg: perl script <test> #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asarunkumar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass file to subroutine

Hello All, I have 2 perl sub-routines. my $myDir = myDir_path; my $file; sub convert(){ system ("./$myConvertScript >> $myDir/$file_CONV" ); $file2 = $myDir/$file_CONV; } sub addDB(){ open(CONF, $config) or die "Cannot Open $config for reading. "; while(<CONF>){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ad23
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - return an object from subroutine - Net::LDAP

Hi all, I'm not even sure a person can do this in perl, seems like you should be able to though. Here's the error IO::Socket::INET: connect: Operation now in progress at server_search.pl line 256, <DATA> line 466. Here's the perl code... sub ldap_new{ $nl = Net::LDAP->new( "$_" ) or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem saving return value of subroutine in perl

Hi all, I have this code #This program read the triplets from file named "data" into #an array of array. use strict; use warnings; use Data::Dumper; use Graph; use Graph::Subgraph; my @S; while (<>) { push @S, ; } print "-----TRIPLETS-------\n"; print Dumper \@S; #Make... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushadrena
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -Calling the Subroutine Only if the condition is met

Hello All, I am in the process of learning perl.I have a perl script and based on the arguments passed it would the appropriate subroutine that is defined in the script. Now, I need to check a value that is defined in the Environment variables and should call the subroutine only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filter
1 Replies

10. Programming

Perl subroutine returning different values in HPUX

HI , I am running a program on hpux in perl. I am encountering a strange issue where when i print a variable in the sub which is returning it , it prints a different value but when i call it and store value in a variable it gives a different o/p. the sub is sub CheckConfigFilePattern ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
4 Replies
AutoLoader(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   AutoLoader(3pm)

NAME
Test::AutoLoader - a testing utility for autosplit/autoloaded modules. SYNOPSIS
use Test::AutoLoader; use Test::More tests => 3; use_ok("My::Module"); # from Test::More autoload_ok("My::Module","mysub","sub_two); # test only the listed subs autoload_ok("My::Module"); # tests all '.al' files found for the module DESCRIPTION
This single-purpose module attempts to eliminate uncaught syntax errors or other obvious goofs in subroutines that are autosplit, and hence not looked at by "perl -c Module.pm". Ideally, this module will become unnecessary as you reach full coverage of those subroutines in your unit tests. Until that happy day, however, this should provide a quick and dirty backstop for embarrassing typos. Test::AutoLoader is built on Test::Builder, and should interoperate smoothly with other such modules (e.g. Test::Simple, Test::More). EXPORT
autoload_ok Very much like the 'use_ok' subroutine (see Test::More). If passed only a module name, it will find all subroutine definitions in the "auto" directory and attempt to compile them. If passed a list of subroutine names, it will look for and attempt to compile those (and only those). Any files that cannot be found (if specified directly), read, and compiled will be listed in the diagnostic output for the failed test. AUTHOR
Ben Warfield (ben_warfield@nrgn.com) COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This module is copyright (c) 2005 Neurogen Corporation, Branford, Connecticut, USA. It may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
perl, Test::More, AutoLoader. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-22 AutoLoader(3pm)