Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with awk (making simple/advanced ini parser) Post 302539535 by jormung on Monday 18th of July 2011 04:56:15 AM
Old 07-18-2011
Help with awk (making simple/advanced ini parser)

Hello

I'm searching some kind of example (or ready-made solution, but I don't really want it, because I want to learn awk more), to make something like a parser in awk for something like this (I put example, because I don't really know how to explain this):
Code:
[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=1
line4=1

[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=1

[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=2
line4=1

[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=15

And I want to have output like this:
Code:
[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=1

[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=15

I mean... I want to export from one file whole lines from "[something]" to "\n" which have line3=5
I have to notice, that lines aren't in same amount, for example there can be:
Code:
[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=15

But can be also:
Code:
[something]
line1=1
line2=0
line3=5
line4=15
line5=1
line6=6

etc.

Is it possible to made? And sorry for my english, I'm still learning Smilie

Hope, that you will understand me.
jormung

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Simple advanced question

This is a fairly basic advanced question! Does anyone happen to know what level of page faults should be acceptable on a fully operational production system? Useful (?) information: Production system using Oracle database Compaq Tru64 UNIX Server (not sure what model, but it's big!) 8... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil_mw
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

advanced awk

Hi all Input group1 user1 user2 user3 group2 user4 user5 user1 group3 user6 user7 user8 Desired output group1 group2 (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced sed/awk help

I have thousands of files in HTML that looks like this: .... .... .... <!-- table horaire --> <!-- table horaire --> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="tblHoraires" summary="Table des horaires de la ligne 12"> <tr> <th scope="row"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: charafantah
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Develop a simple command line parser

I want to develop a simple command line parser so that then I can print the values of different options :tions. -analyze -filename<fileName> Via man pages I got to know getopt command would be used. Buut how to use it.. how to encrypt this in a perl script.. grateful if u could help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

More efficient awk parser

I have an awk parser, that works great if the data is NC_0000 (four digits), but if it is not that then the data is parsed. I'm not sure the most efficient way to obtain the desired output. Thank you :). Code: awk 'FNR > 1 && match($0, /NC_0000(*)\..*g\.(+)(.)>(.)/, a){ print a, a, a, a, a }'... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Java stack trace parser in awk

I want the developers to get a mail with Java stack traces on a daily bases. When something is flaged as known issue and will get a fix but mean while this does not need to get sent each dayl. This is what I got so far. It's a bash script that runs some AWK in it. To get the files that needs to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Making a parser

input 1..100km 112..403km 500..623km required output 1..51 112..162 500..550 (i.e 50kms added to the initial distance) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
2 Replies
cam(1)							      General Commands Manual							    cam(1)

NAME
cam - CPU'S AUDIO MIXER for Linux SYNOPSIS
cam [-v x,y] [--volume x,y] [-b x,y] [--bass x,y] [-t x,y] [--treble x,y] [-s x,y] [--synth x,y] [-p x,y] [--pcm x,y] [-S x,y] [--speaker x,y] [-l x,y] [--line x,y] [-m x,y] [--mic x,y] [-c x,y] [--cd x,y] [-M x,y] [--mixer x,y] [-a x,y] [--altpcm x,y] [-r x,y] [--reclev x,y] [-i x,y] [--igain x,y] [-o x,y] [--ogain x,y] [-l1 x,y] [--line1 x,y] [-l2 x,y] [--line2 x,y] [-l3 x,y] [--line3 x,y] [-3d 1|0] [--3dse 1|0] [-agc 1|0] [--agc 1|0] [-h] [-?] [--help] [-get] [-save] [-getfile filename] [-savefile filename] xcam DESCRIPTION
This is an audio mixer for Linux. You have the choice to use it with an interface or at the command line. OPTIONS
When using the interface you can use the following keys : LEFT ARROW decrease the volume of the current device. RIGHT ARROW increase the volume of the current device. UP ARROW go to previous device. DOWN ARROW go to next device. L locks or unlocks : unlocked : you can control the left and right channel separately. lock : left and right channel are controlled together. R turn on/off recording mode : red lamp : recording turned on green lamp : recording turned off 3 turn on/off 3D Stereo Enhancement (3DSE) device : when turned on green indicator 3D will be lit at the left side of main volume handle. A turn on/off microphone Automatic Gain Control : when turned on green indicator AGC will be lit at the left side of microphone volume handle. S save the settings of ALL devices in a file ($HOME/.camrc) G loads the saved settings and restores them. H shows the help screen. Q/ESC exits the program and returns to shell. NOTE: you can use upper or lower case. When using the command line options the interface is not shown. The following options are available : -v, --volume x,y Set 'volume' to x (left) and y (right) -b, --bass x,y Set 'bass' to x (left) and y (right) -t, --trebble x,y Set 'treble' to x (left) and y (right) -s, --synth x,y Set 'synth' to x (left) and y (right) -p, --pcm x,y Set 'pcm' to x (left) and y (right) -S, --speaker x,y Set 'speaker' to x (left) and y (right) -l, --line x,y Set 'line in' to x (left) and y (right) -m, --mic x,y Set 'microphone' to x (left) and y (right) -c, --cd x,y Set 'CD in' to x (left) and y (right) -I, --imix x,y Set 'mixer' to x (left) and y (right) -a, --altpcm x,y Set 'altpcm' to x (left) and y (right) -r, --reclev x,y Set 'record level' to x (left) and y (right) -i, --igain x,y Set 'input gain' to x (left) and y (right) -o, --ogain x,y Set 'output gain' to x (left) and y (right) -l1, --line1 x,y Set 'line 1' to x (left) and y (right) -l2, --line2 x,y Set 'line 2' to x (left) and y (right) -l3, --line3 x,y Set 'line 3' to x (left) and y (right) -3d, --3dse 1|0 Set 3D Stereo Enhancement to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -agc, --agc 1|0 Set Automatic Gain Control for microphone to 1 (on) or 0 (off) -get restore the saved values from $HOME/.camrc -save save the values to $HOME/.camrc -getfile filename restore the saved values from file 'filename' -savefile filename save the values to file 'filename' -h, -?, --help displays help NOTE: x and y are in range from 1 to 100. Higher or lower numbers are ignored. BUGS
None known as yet. If you find one, please let me know. AUTHOR
Jan 'TWP' VANDENBERGHE <jvdbergh@uia.ua.ac.be> cam(1)