Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script required to put colon
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script required to put colon Post 302539521 by ranjancom2000 on Monday 18th of July 2011 03:57:13 AM
Old 07-18-2011
Thanks for the quick replay it work's great. Now I will make this command in script to make work simple

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where should I put the script?

Hi Guys, I'm a new to the UNIX. Let say I have a 1 simple script to stop and start vnc service. I want to use that script for support because my network connection to my client side is not stable and every time I have to use a long command to restart vnc. Where should I put that script?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akuslive
3 Replies

2. Solaris

how to put script in startup

Hi All, O/S: Solaris 5.10 Software installed :- Oracle 10G Weblogic 10.30 the problem i face that when the server restart for any reason SQL> exit bash-3.00# sqlplus sys/manchester as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun May 2 11:04:50 2010 Copyright (c)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Could I put this into a case script instead?

Hi guys, I have a script which clears down a range of directories, however it can take a while to run. Is there a way I can simplify the below, perhaps adding it into a case statement? client_directories=/usr/local/production/cleanup/bin/client_cleanups/client_directories.txt # clear down... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

put script into file

hi, ok having here some code like: #!/bin/bash echo " hello " # say hello to the user echo " $HOME " echo " $HOSTNAME " echo " $(uname) " echo " today is $(date) " echo " $(whoami) is currently logged in " now my question is how to change the code so that the info is not... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: me.
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Colon in awk script output

I'm using AIX 5.3 and running a awk replace to modify data as follows: echo 1234: 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 | awk '/^:/{split($2,N);n=N} {n=$1} {sub(n,n+10000000)}1' 10001234 1234 123 123 444 555 666 7777 dumb question.. how do I get the colon back in, so it outputs 10001234: 1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: say170
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put Script on Start-up the sh Terminal

Hi all I want to put this script on start-up the sh Terminal to save history of output: if ; then logdir=$HOME/terminal-logs if ; then mkdir $logdir fi gzip -q $logdir/*.log logfile=$logdir/$(date +%F_%T).$$.log ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Script:how to find how many parameters are required to run the script

How to find how many parameters are required to run a Perl script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Required to get out put of log in tabular format in email body

Dears Please support I have out put in text file and look like below fixed inquiries - Click on MAX suffix http://server:port/app User Details http://server:port/app Audit User Detail Action hhttp://server:port/app fixed inquiries - Click on MAX suffix http://server:port/app User Details ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put currently running script into background

Hi All, Suppose I have a script and inside it I want/need to put it into background. I need the script to not react to SIGHUP signals. I tried: #!/bin/bash echo "" > test_disown mypid=$$ echo "PID=$mypid" ( kill -SIGSTOP $mypid jobs > myjobs #disown -h <job-spec> #kill -SIGCONT $mypid )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JackK
6 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)