Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: password in sudo script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting password in sudo script Post 302539456 by pua06 on Sunday 17th of July 2011 06:29:34 PM
Old 07-17-2011
password in sudo script

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato

i want to do script with sudo like

sudo su and want to put password in the script not get from user because i to made it startup when booting and i don't know how put in script for sudo

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

2. Linux

sudo, root password

Hi all.. I'm secering a RH 2.1 server, with gnome (not my choice...), as X manager. Is ther anyway to get sudo ask for root password other then the actual user's password? Like when you launch the graphical IHM to create a new user, it asks for root's password? Is there a way to do the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo, use in script without prompt for password

I need to create an automated script where I have to use sudo to switch to multiple user so the script stops and prompts for password, Is there a way I can provide the password in same command only? Remember that, I cannot disable the password settings of sudo as I dont have rights. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgrover50
4 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Bash script prompt for sudo password?

I'm making a script that will be a double clickable .command file and I need it to prompt for the users admin password. So far I have: if ]; then sudo -p "Please enter your admin password: " date 2>/dev/null 1>&2 if ; then echo "You entered an invalid password... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatGmac
2 Replies

6. AIX

Sudo ask for password

Hello I have a partition with Aix 5.3 and I install sudo I put the commands that I want to use x user and I put the option that donkask for password. But when I run with this user and I try to run that commands. ask me for a password. I put this line for no ask for password with that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

password getting displayed using sudo

Hi While doing the following command password is gettin dispalyed : ssh <host> "sudo command ; exit" .... while i type my password for 2nd its gettin displayed ... i tried stty -echo and stty echo ... still i am havin problem..:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Sudo + Nohup = no password?

Little confused here When i go to run sudo nohup ./script.ksh & I dont get asked for a password. It starts a process ID, I can see it when i do a ps -ef | grep script. But I dont get an output file from my script, so its not doing anything. What gives? does it have to do the "&" ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo without password Solaris 11.2

Hi guys, I have the strangest issue... might be a huge oversight.. who knows!! :) I am trying to configure a user to use sudo with no password, here is my sudoers configuration file root@isha:~# egrep -v "^$|^#" /etc/sudoers root ALL=(ALL) ALL %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akame
5 Replies
mtailrc(5)							   User Manuals 							mtailrc(5)

NAME
mtailrc - Configuration file for monkeytail DESCRIPTION
A monkeytail configuration uses Apache-style syntax to declare "groups" of files to be tailed. Best explained with an example: <group testgroup> prefix 'server2: ' sudo yes <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log prefix 'server1: ' host server1.example.com </file> <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log host server2.example.com sudo no </file> </group> OPTIONS
All options can be either put inside a group or file block. Options inside a file block override those in the group block. filename filename filename defines the filename for this block. host remote-host (optional) host defines that this block's file is to be tailed on a remote server. sudo yes|no|1|0 sudo is a boolean specifying whether this file should be tailed as root. This option is supported for both local and remote files (in both cases you will potentially be prompted for your password). prefix "string: " prefix allows you to specify a short string that will be prepended to every line that is displayed for that given file. FILES
~/.mtailrc - user specific monkeytail config SEE ALSO
mtail(1), tail(1) AUTHOR
Martyn Smith <martyn@dollyfish.net.nz> mtail May 2008 mtailrc(5)