Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vertical total and listing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Vertical total and listing Post 302539398 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 17th of July 2011 06:39:38 AM
Old 07-17-2011
vakharia Mahesh no apologies please, you have not committed any sin. Just try to use CODE tags when necessary.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Easy one : command listing total memory

Hi, I have been searching for a command that lists the total amount of memory in the HP-UX doc but haven't found it yet. vmstat is not exactly what i want. Does the command exists on HP UX? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep running total/ final total across multiple files

Ok, another fun hiccup in my UNIX learning curve. I am trying to count the number of occurrences of an IP address across multiple files named example.hits. I can extract the number of occurrences from the files individually but when you use grep -c with multiple files you get the output similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrAd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical tabs

I am trying to get this to display vertically like in a table but it keeps jumping to a new line dev=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -d " " -f1) dev1=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 2 -d "%") dev2=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 14-16 -d " ") dev3=$(df -h | grep ^/dev | cut -f 18-20 -d " ")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjanisse
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Horizontal to vertical

Hi, Silly question, if I have an excel file that looks something like this: ................. Subject 1 Subject 2 Subject 3 Subject 4 Fever..............13...........9.............23..........14 Headache.........2............12...........18..........23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical to horizontal

dear all, i'm new to unix and i try to figure out the best case for making list of vertical text to become horizontal and skip the line 1 and 2. example text : Data DATE XXXXX MAX 47 53 49 51 48 48 7 46 51 8 25 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies
SINCOS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SINCOS(3)

NAME
sincos, sincosf, sincosl - calculate sin and cos simultaneously SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE /* See feature_test_macros(7) */ #include <math.h> void sincos(double x, double *sin, double *cos); void sincosf(float x, float *sin, float *cos); void sincosl(long double x, long double *sin, long double *cos); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
Several applications need sine and cosine of the same angle x. This function computes both at the same time, and stores the results in *sin and *cos. If x is a NaN, a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. If x is positive infinity or negative infinity, a domain error occurs, and a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. RETURN VALUE
These functions return void. ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Domain error: x is an infinity An invalid floating-point exception (FE_INVALID) is raised. These functions do not set errno. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. SEE ALSO
cos(3), sin(3), tan(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-08-11 SINCOS(3)