Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Help needed in my client/server app - Delay in displaying messages from clients. Post 302539375 by jostber on Sunday 17th of July 2011 03:42:29 AM
Old 07-17-2011
Check security settings and see if your server allows to receive messages from clients?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

client app not letting go of socket

Ok here's the situation We have an application that our users log into over the network to one of our unix boxes (Solaris 8). I had this situation occur the other day where an user claimed that he totally shutdown the app because it froze up and wasn't able to log back in. I performed a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fusion99
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 server and Jumpstarting 2.6 clients

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have successfully configured a Solaris 8 server with Jumpstart! I can Jumpstart Solaris 8 client systems with no problem. My configuration is as follows: Jumpstart Server: Solaris 8 patched with Recommended Patches from June 05. I have installed Solaris 8 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

3. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Some clients cannot ping UNIX server

All of sudden in this morning, some computers could not connect to our UNIX server while other still could. Some computers could ping the server while some could not. Same on the server side. It could ping some clients but not some. All Windows clients could ping each other. And more, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonapa
1 Replies

7. Programming

Clients - Server ( UDP )

Hello, I have a question: I want to create a n client to one server connection. This is the client-server algorithm. Enybody help to make the changes? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaHmur
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! needed to displaying an output in record format

Hi Friends, Am new to Unix world and this is my first post in this forum. I was stuck in displaying the content. while displaying the content the below points to be taken care 1 ) The header format is repeating 2) To display the value in table format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
2 Replies

9. Programming

ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages

Here we go.... Preface: ..... so in a galaxy far, far, far away from commercial, data sharing corporations..... For this project, I used the ESP-WROOM-32 as an MQTT (publish / subscribe) client which receives Linux server "load averages" as messages published as MQTT pub/sub messages.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
6 Replies
rpc(n)                                                           Tnm Tcl Extension                                                          rpc(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
rpc - A simple RPC protocol for Tcl applications. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
RPC COMMAND
rpc server port Set up an RPC server listening an port port. This command returns a rpc handle that be used to register Tcl procs that will be exported by a trivial RPC protocol on top of TCP. This RPC mechanism allows us to write cooperating scripts without worrying much about the communication protocol. rpc client host port Connect to the RPC server running on host with port port. The returned client handle can be used to invoke an exported proc on the server host. rpc delete handle Delete a server or a client RPC handle. All connections associated with the handle will be closed. rpc register rpchandle proc Export proc as an RPC callable proc using the server handle rpchandle. Only registered procs can be called by RPC clients. rpc unregister rpchandle proc Remove proc from the list of exported procs on server handle rpchandle. rpc info [rpchandle] Calling rpc info without any arguments returns a list of all rpc handles that have been created using the rpc server and rpc client command. Info about a specific rpc file handle rpchandle is returned by using the optional argument. The result is a list contain- ing the tcp file handle used for the communication and the list of registered commands for a rpc handle and a list of all files that represent connections to an rpc server. This list is empty if rpchandle belongs to a rpc client. rpc# [-async] proc arg1 arg2 ... To invoke a remote procedure proc, use the same syntax as used with a local invocation preceeded by a client rpchandle. The result of the remote procedure call will be returned or an error if the underlying communication channel signals errors. The -async options can be used to invoke proc without waiting for it to complete. The async option will never return a result. SEE ALSO
scotty(1), Tcl(n) AUTHORS
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@cs.utwente.nl> Tnm rpc(n)