Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Determining typing latency
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Determining typing latency Post 302539368 by jostber on Sunday 17th of July 2011 03:07:57 AM
Old 07-17-2011
If you need a more complete overview of latency and network statistics, you can use Smokeping:

Download Smokeping Here

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

iptables latency evaluation

Hello guys, I'm actually working on my master thesis which has for subject the evaluation of virtual firewall in a cloud environment. To do so, I installed my own cloud using OpenNebula (as a frontend) and Xen (as a Node) on two different machines. The Xen machine is my virtual firewall thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slaughterman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No $ when typing cw

Hi As a dummy my question is very simple. When typing cw I've read (many times) that a '$' should appear at the end of the word I'm about to change. However, it doesn't, and in my case the word is instantly deleted and so ready to be changed! Can somebody tell me why this is, or maybe I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: joesh
4 Replies

3. AIX

Latency Test

Hi every one, we have a set up in solaris 8 and 9 and running many cshell scripts.. we are migrate to AIX . Now, i want to know the latency difference between two boxes(Solaris and AIX). Kindly help me to , how to do Latency test.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Latency Test

Hi every one, we have a set up in solaris 8 and 9 and running many cshell scripts.. we are migrate to AIX . Now, i want to know the latency difference between two boxes(Solaris and AIX). Kindly help me to , how to do Latency test.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Siddula
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Memory release latency issue

I have an application that routinely alloc() and realloc() gigabyte blocks of memory for image processing applications; specifically performing rotations of huge images, or creating/ deleting huge image buffers to contain multiple images. Immediately upon completion of an operation I call free() to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagtek
9 Replies
..::lib::Smokeping::sorters::Loss(3)				     SmokePing				      ..::lib::Smokeping::sorters::Loss(3)

NAME
Smokeping::sorters::Loss - Order the target charts by loss OVERVIEW
Find the charts with the highest loss. DESCRIPTION
Call the sorter in the charts section of the config file + charts menu = Charts title = The most interesting destinations ++ loss sorter = Loss(entries=>10) title = The Loosers menu = Loss format = Packets Lost %f COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 by OETIKER+PARTNER AG. All rights reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 ..::lib::Smokeping::sorters::Loss(3)