Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL Kickstart Pre-Install script Post 302539359 by karljbaker on Sunday 17th of July 2011 01:45:21 AM
Old 07-17-2011
While it was hung I tried going to another vty but it couldn't recognize any commands.

Any thought?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RHEL Kickstart

Hi, I am trying to install RHEL5.3 using kickstart method. Copied the rhel.iso file from DVD to http location. ks.cfg and rhel.iso files are available on a WINDOWS2008 Server (via HTTP). In ks.cfg file, provided the media path as url --url=http://xx.xx.xx.xx/RHEL53. System understanding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

how can i know what arguments are passed to a pre install rpm script?

hi, i have an rpm, and i am looking at the presinstall script. i can see it takes in an argument, but what i do not know is how this argument is passed to the script? is there something that calls the preinstall script? i thought the preinstall script was the first thing executed. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I configure kickstart server to install different images

How do I configure kickstart server to install workstation using centos image and other workstation using redhat enterprise image. I configured my kickstart server to auto install centos 5.3 and it working fine. However I would like to configure kickstart server, so that workstation with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

kickstart minimum install with a gui

What are the packages that you need for a kickstart minimum install with a gui? I commented out the packages I don't think I need. Am I right? %packages @admin-tools @base @core #@editors #@fonts @gnome-desktop #@games #@graphical-internet #@graphics @hardware-support @input-methods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

OpenSUSE installation using RHEL / CentOS Kickstart

Hi guys I have CentOS installed on my server. I have also installed TFTP server, DHCP server. I am able to install CentOS on remote machines using PXE boot and kickstart cfg file. I would like to install OpenSUSE using CentOS kickstart file. How do I do it ? I am also fine with any other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msohail
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Unix OS with the Kickstart?

I am new to the Kickstart. I have a question: If I have a kickstart script in USB, CentOS CD and a PC without the OS, Can I install the CentOS with the Kickstart script? If I can, How can I identify the location of the kickstart when I boot the computer with the CentOS CD? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
0 Replies

7. Fedora

Rhel 6.1 - How to create a kickstart file?

Can anyone tell me how you create a kickstart file for RHEL 6.1 install? I am new to this and wanting to learn Red Hat. I have a training guide that says to create one but it does not give you instructions on how to do so. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saplmb
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Rhel upgrade - pre maintenance checklist

I going to be updating a few of our rhel5.5 servers this weekend to rhel5.10. I'll be making a checklist for pre & post maintenance comparisions. so far I'll be checking, services running filesystems netstat ifconfig uname oracleasm multipath just basic stuff if it were you what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkeyes001
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Prevent kickstart to install image on external LUN

on the HP box , when we try to kickstart , the Linux gets installed on external LUN (Storage) .. so we end up unmapping the LUN and rekick , is there a way to disable the kickstart to ignore the external LUN incase we net boot it again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trouble creating RHEL 6.5 bootable image with custom kickstart file

Hi everyone, I have a custom kickstart file from a software vendor and I'm trying to package that with a RHEL 6.5 and then attach it to a VM and install RHEL with the settings in the kickstarter file. I'm doing this from a windows PC using an app called InfraRecorder. I've extracted the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 911Eric
0 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)