Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop to read multiple username and password Post 302539331 by jostber on Saturday 16th of July 2011 02:43:09 PM
Old 07-16-2011
Try to put this code in a variable instead and let the for loop parse that:

Code:
USER=`cat /home/oracle/sidlist|awk -F, '{print $1}`

and then
Code:
for ORACLE_SID in $USER

and exchange $user1 with $USER in the connect part of your script.
This User Gave Thanks to jostber For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Oracle Username password SID from single file and pass it to shell

Dear All I am trying to write one shell which will be running through Cron which contain one SQL query. But I want to draw/fetch the Username password and Instance name (required to loging to the database) from one single file to run that SQL query . Also this file contain details of multiple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple arguments in for loop each time

Hi, Guys I am new to shell programming and just get stuck with one simple question. please kindly help. According to the tutorial here, we can do something like for NODE in "ABC 10" "EFG 20" do set -- $NODE echo "letter is $1, number is $2" done And the result will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuanli
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i hide username/password

hi all, i run sqlplus command on unix(HP-UX) like "sqlplus username/password@serverA @deneme.sql" but when someone run "ps -ef | grep sqlplus", it can see my username and password :( How can i hide username and password. thanx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temhem
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and edit multiple files using a while loop

Hi all, I would like to simply read a file which lists a number of pathnames and files, then search and replace key strings using a few vi commands: :1,$s/search_str/replace_str/g<return> but I am not sure how to automate the <return> of these vis commands when I am putting this in a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login through SFTP using username and password

Hi All, I want to login to a server through SFTP by giving username and password, in an automated script. I know that this can be done through public key authentication, but my requirement is to login ONLY through username and password. I am using GNU/Linux server. Please advise me !!!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username password asked during loging

Hi, Whenever I open my unix box,after providing username and password I get the following message. Are you authorised to use this computer as detailed above? (Y)es/(N)o : y Export: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Mon May 16 16:00:15 2011 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emilybose
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Username and password

Hi I am new to using unix and am struggling with a script i am writing. What i am trying to do is get a user to enter a username, check the original file i created with username and pin to see if their is a corresponding entry. Next ask the user to enter the pin and see if this matches... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: somersetdan
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you reset username/password

Picked up a 3b2 running System V. Works fine, but it requires a username and password. Is the username "root" or "sysadm"? How do I find out and how to I reset it or bypass it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanRuNomad
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] UNIX FOR loop to read a variable with multiple values

Hi, I have a variable which stores file names as a result of find command. I need to delete all these files one by one, i.e. by a loop. Can anyone tell me how can it be done? The variable f2d has the file names like these abc.txt bcd.txt fff.txt gef.txt Now I have used a loop as... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
12 Replies
shexp(1)						      General Commands Manual							  shexp(1)

Name
       shexp - display password expiration information for a user

Syntax
       shexp [-q] [username]

Description
       The command is used to display a user's password expiration information.  The specified username, or logname if no username is supplied, is
       converted to a UID by searching through the passwd file.  The UID is then used to look up the user's entry in  the  Auth  Data  Base.   The
       password expiration information is then printed out in format.
       % shexp
       Expires Tue Dec	6 10:49:18 EST 1988
       If  the	password  has  already expired the word Expires will be replaced with the word Expired. If password expiration is disabled for the
       particular user in question the output of will be Never expires.

Options
       -q   Instead of displaying the expiration date and time in format, outputs it as three decimal numbers: the minimum password lifetime,  the
	    maximum password lifetime, and the password modification time.  All three numbers are displayed as they are found in the database.

Restrictions
       Only the super-user may obtain information about users with UIDs other than the real UID of the invoking process.

Diagnostics
       User not found in passwd data base.
       There is no entry in for the specified username.

Cannot stat auth file.
       The database is missing (security features may not be enabled).

Insufficient privilege.
       An insufficiently privileged user is asking for information about a username with a UID different then their current real-UID.

An exit value of 0 indicates a successful operation, any other exit status indicates an error.

Files
See Also
       passwd(1), getauthuid(3), auth(5)
       Security Guide for Users

shexp(1)