Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append files to a existing tar file. Post 302539307 by Nagaraja Akkiva on Saturday 16th of July 2011 11:53:43 AM
Old 07-16-2011
Thanks Smiling Dragon for you response..!!

Let me explain it clearly....

Say, tar ABC.tgz has a.dat, b.dat and c.dat in it. If I want to add one more file(d.dat) to it then tar should not overide the existing file content. After taring 4th file then it should have all 4 (a.dat, b.dat and c.dat, d.dat) files.

Can I assume "update existing" does the same as I explained above?

Can you plz share the piece of code if you have or can you point to link where I can get this?

Thanks and Regards
Nagaraja Akkivalli

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete a file from an existing Solaris tar

How can I delete a file from an existing Solaris tar file ? (not gtar) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avnerht
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to append a time for the existing error log file

Hi Guys, the requirement is like this, i am having a error log file in this format, 4594.493: parallel nursery GC 2594592K->2544691K (2969600K), 30.848 ms 4605.958: parallel nursery GC 2634887K->2584986K (2969600K), 38.900 ms 4619.079: parallel nursery GC 2822555K->2774812K... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
12 Replies

3. AIX

append file with tar command

hello, can i append files into tape without clear this tape thanks for help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbakry23
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add files to an existing tar file - HP-UNIX

Hello, What is the command to add files to an existing tar file. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding file to an existing tar

Hi Friends, I want to know the command to add a new file in a existing tar file. For Ex: I have a tar file file1.tar with the contents one.txt two.txt three.txt Now I need to add file four.txt to this existing tar file, how can I do it? Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append existing file with zeroes bsed on position

Hi i am trying to append value with 0 to an existing file in the position 50-56 & 58-64 only where empty space is there Rule: 1 row already has some value and i do not want to change anything for this row. 2nd record below you see the position 50-64 is empty, i want to replace with 0000000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshuser
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to existing line

I have a file which has lines that end with a plus (+) sign. I would like to get the next line appended to the one with the plus. For example bla bla bla bla bla + blip blip blip would become bla bla bla bla bla blip blip blip However not all lines end with a plus sign . I would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching column then append to existing File as new column

Good evening I have the below requirements, as I am not an experts in Linux/Unix and am looking for your ideas how I can do this. I have file called file1 and file2. I need to get the second column which is text1_random_alphabets and find that in file 2, if it's exists then print the 3rd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mychbears
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append files (backup .tar)

Hi all, I have to write a script which will keep for a particular user (username is first argument) backups of the account area to another. The script should accept as the second argument is a directory (or file), create one by storing a copy of the argument (using tar) and copies it to the list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter20
0 Replies
load_datafile(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    load_datafile(3alleg4)

NAME
load_datafile - Loads a datafile into memory. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> DATAFILE *load_datafile(const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
Loads a datafile into memory in one go. If the datafile has been encrypted, you must first call packfile_password() to set the appropriate key. If the datafile contains truecolor graphics, you must set the video mode or call set_color_conversion() before loading it. Example: /* Load the resources for our game. */ DATAFILE *dat = load_datafile("game.dat"); if (!dat) abort_on_error("Couldn't load sound resources!"); /* Use resources. */ ... /* Destroy them when we don't need them any more. */ unload_datafile(dat); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the DATAFILE, or NULL on error. Remember to free this DATAFILE later to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
load_datafile_callback(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4), load_datafile_object(3alleg4), set_color_conversion(3alleg4), fixup_datafile(3alleg4), packfile_password(3alleg4), find_datafile_object(3alleg4), register_datafile_object(3alleg4), excustom(3alleg4), exdata(3alleg4), exexedat(3alleg4), exgui(3alleg4), exsprite(3alleg4), exunicod(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 load_datafile(3alleg4)