Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem Post 302539225 by Corona688 on Friday 15th of July 2011 06:05:27 PM
Old 07-15-2011
What does your input look like and what should your output look like?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to cp lines x->y from 1.txt into lines a->b in file2.txt

I have one base file, and multiple target files-- each have uniform line structure so no need to use grep to find things-- can just define sections by line number. My question is quite simple-- can I use sed to copy a defined block of lines (say lines 5-10) from filename1.txt to overwrite an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two .txt files by alternating x lines from file 1 and y lines from file2

Hi everyone, I have two files (A and B) and want to combine them to one by always taking 10 rows from file A and subsequently 6 lines from file B. This process shall be repeated 40 times (file A = 400 lines; file B = 240 lines). Does anybody have an idea how to do that using perl, awk or sed?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ink_LE
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk '{print $ from file1.txt}'

Hi All, I have a file1.txt where the index of the columns are placed. I want to get the columns from file2.txt corresponding to these index numbers. I was usually using awk '{print $5, $6, $2, $3, ...}' file2.txt > output.txt However, this list is very long. So, i want to read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find lines in a .txt contains the strings I want

I have a .txt contains a lot of lines. Now I want to write a shell script to find out all the lines which contain the strings I want, and print these lines. For example: A.txt when you post any code you can easily do this highlighting your code and then click you should do a Google... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henryyy
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on column in file1, find match in file2 and print matching lines

file1: file2: I need to find matches for any lines in file1 that appear in file2. Desired output is '>' plus the file1 term, followed by the line after the match in file2 (so the title is a little misleading): This is honestly beyond what I can do without spending the whole night on it, so I'm... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare file1 and file2, print matching lines in same order as file1

I want to print only the lines in file2 that match file1, in the same order as they appear in file 1 file1 file2 desired output: I'm getting the lines to match awk 'FNR==NR {a++}; FNR!=NR && a' file1 file2 but they are in sorted order, which is not what I want: Can anyone... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
X11META(1)						      General Commands Manual							X11META(1)

NAME
x11meta - output metafile graphics to X11 SYNOPSIS
x11meta [ -c | -r ] file .. DESCRIPTION
X11meta reads each metafile file in sequence and sends it to the default X window system. If the option c is specified, the input files are only conditioned for output, ie. expanded and sorted (see pexpand and psort). If the option r is instead specified, the input is assumed already to be conditioned. If no input files are specified, the standard input is read. -c Condition the input only. -r Input is already conditioned, output only. EXAMPLE
To plot the chart example.bar: bgraph example.plt | x11meta FILES
see pexpand(1) and psort(1) AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
bgraph(1), cv(1), igraph(1), meta2bmp(1), meta2tga(1), metafile(5), pexpand(1), psmeta(1), psort(1) X11META(1)