Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting Multiple rows to Single Row using unix commands Post 302539173 by Mahantesh Patil on Friday 15th of July 2011 02:18:29 PM
Old 07-15-2011
Hi Shell_Life, after running your script, I am getting some error like
"[[: not found". I am not understanding what it is...Can you please solve this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows

i have single column which is starting with same string(many number of rows) i have to convert each into a single row.how can i do that? laknar std mes 23 55 laknar isd phone no address amount 99 I have to convert above like below. laknar|std|mes|23|55 laknar|isd|phone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple unix commands in a single script

Hi, I would like to write a script with include more than 6 unix commands. my script like below: echo " script started" ls -ld bdf | grep "rama" tail -10 log.txt ... .. ... now, i want to run above unix commands one by one. example: first the ls -ld command will be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting rows to a single row

Hi all I have a file as below : Development System User Production i want to convert the file to below format: "Development","System","User","Production" Is it possible with UNIX ? if so can you please give me some direction on it ? Thanks, Satya Use code tags please, ty. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaranjon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple rows in single row based on certain condition using awk or sed

Hi, I'm using AIX(ksh shell). > cat temp.txt "a","b",0 "c",bc",0 "a1","b1",0 "cc","cb",1 "cc","b2",1 "bb","bc",2 I want the output as: "a","b","c","bc","a1","b1" "cc","cb","cc","b2" "bb","bc" I want to combine multiple lines into single line where third column is same. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelray
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge multiple rows into single row if first column matches ?

Hi, Can anyone suggest quick way to get desired output? Sample input file content: A 12 9 A -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 C -111 900 C 99 0.09 Output required: A 12 9 -0.3 2.3 B 1.0 -4 C 34 1000 -111 900 99 0.09 Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbm_000
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Code required -Output in Multiple Rows to be in single row separated by Commas -

Hola Greetings Experts , I have records spreaded across multiple lines. in attached log.txt i want output to be in 1 line like this below Atached as Output.txt. In brief Output related to 1 line is spreaded across multiple row I wanted it to be in 1 row . Please opem the file in notepad... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishK
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a single row to multiple rows

Hi, I want to convert a single row values to multiple rows, but the no. of rows are not fixed. For example, I have a row as below abc-def-lmn-mno-xyz out put should be get abc get def get lmn get xyz (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suneel Mekala
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows

Hi .. anyone can you help me ? i need to convert text below into multiple columns interface; GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0 description; TRUNK_PE-D2-JT2-VPN_Gi0/0/0/0_TO_ME4-A-JKT-JT_4/1/1_1G mtu 9212 negotiation auto interface; GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0.11 description; tes encapsulation;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad3linux
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting single row into multiple rows based on for every 10 digits of last field of the row

Hi ALL, We have requirement in a file, i have multiple rows. Example below: Input file rows 01,1,102319,0,0,70,26,U,1,331,000000113200000011920000001212 01,1,102319,0,1,80,20,U,1,241,00000059420000006021 I need my output file should be as mentioned below. Last field should split for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotra
4 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)