Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file Post 302539096 by Hiano on Friday 15th of July 2011 08:11:40 AM
Old 07-15-2011
Bug Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There...
I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file.
My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is
books.amazon=NONFOUND

pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.

any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks
hiano

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace a text in a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to search data between strings 'SELECT' and ';' and replace this text as "SELECT.....;" so that i can export this extracted string into a excel cell. Please suggest on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
5 Replies

4. Linux

Replace cloud symbol with single quotes

Dear Experts My source file contains the symbol cloud (☁). How do i replace this ☁ symbol whose Unicode value is 2601 in linux file with single quotes ? Any help will be much appreciated. Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pklcnu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes

Hi All, I need to serach and replace a strings between single quote in a file. My file has : location='/data1/test.log' and the output needed is location='/data2/test_dir/test.log' pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk. I have a script, but it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert text to lower case except the strings within single quotes

Shell : bash that comes with RHEL 6.7 I have SQL scripts like below. I want to convert all the text in these files to lower case except the strings enclosed within single quotes . Any idea how I can achieve this ? Sample text: $ cat sample.txt SELECT ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a text between two strings in a file using regex

Here is my sample file data: My requirement is to have a regex expression that is able to search for visible starting string "SSLInsecureRenegotiation Off" between strings "<VirtualHost " and "</VirtualHost>". In the sample data two lines should be matched. Below is what I tried but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)

module_loaded
       Return true if the module is loaded.

NAME
MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon - Include Amazon objects on your page. DESCRIPTION
This is an url formatter. it takes urls containing amazon and /-/ or /ASIN/ and make a pretty formatted link to that object in the amazon web store. It automatically handles books/movies/dvds and formats them as apropriate. You can also pass 'small' as a parameter after the url, and it will make a thumb link instead of a blurb. METHODS
format_content_order Format order can be 1-99. The Amazon formatter runs on 5. format_content calls the formatter. Takes a ref to the content as well as the context object. get <asin> Connects to amazon and retrieves a Net::Amazon object based on the supplied ASIN number. small <property> Renders a small version of the formatter. blurb <property> renders a full width blurb of the product, suitable for reviews and such. DVD <property> Product information suitable for DVD movies. Book <property> Product information suitable for books. Music <property> Product information suitable for music CDs. SEE ALSO
MojoMojo, Module::Pluggable::Ordered, Net::Amazon. AUTHORS
Marcus Ramberg <mramberg@cpan.org LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-02-12 MojoMojo::Formatter::Amazon(3pm)