Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCP window full
Special Forums IP Networking TCP window full Post 302539081 by jim mcnamara on Friday 15th of July 2011 06:49:30 AM
Old 07-15-2011
One cause is that for any one of a variety of reasons, server B is processing data input more slowly than server A sends data.

Possible reasons:
server B could be a much older slower box ie., A is sending faster than B can recv
server B could have too many tcp connections
server B does not clear the recv buffer and/or server B set the socket to non-blocking.

Are you seeing errors or failed transmissions? Is this user developed code doing the send/recv?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure Full Duplex and TCP/IP

We are using ZIX 4.3.3 and we need to configure the NIC for ful duplexing and we also need to configure it for a TCP/IP default gateway and DNS server to acccess the Interent. Can you please tell me the commands and procedures for configuring this? Thanks Marc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc3483
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

3. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

TCP initial congestion window (slow-start)

I have noticed that the initial congestion window in my traces is 8920bytes~=6*1448. rfc3390 states the initial cwand should be max 4000 bytes(around 3*1448). At first i thought it might be because i'm running my server on mac os x, so apple might have modified the tcp stack. Therefore I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddayan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

8. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
RSTREAM(1)							     librdmacm								RSTREAM(1)

NAME
rstream - streaming over RDMA ping-pong test. SYNOPSIS
rstream [-s server_address] [-b bind_address] [-B buffer_size] [-I iterations] [-C transfer_count] [-S transfer_size] [-p server_port] [-T test_option] DESCRIPTION
Uses the streaming over RDMA protocol (rsocket) to connect and exchange data between a client and server application. OPTIONS
-s server_address The network name or IP address of the server system listening for connections. The used name or address must route over an RDMA device. This option must be specified by the client. -b bind_address The local network address to bind to. -B buffer_size Indicates the size of the send and receive network buffers. -I iterations The number of times that the specified number of messages will be exchanged between the client and server. (default 1000) -C transfer_count The number of messages to transfer from the client to the server and back again on each iteration. (default 1) -S transfer_size The size of each send transfer, in bytes. (default 1000) If 'all' is specified, rstream will run a series of tests of various sizes. -p server_port The server's port number. -T test_option Specifies test parameters. Available options are: s | socket - uses standard socket calls to transfer data a | async - uses asynchronous operation (e.g. select / poll) b | blocking - uses blocking calls f | fork - fork server processing (forces -T s option) n | nonblocking - uses non-blocking calls v | verify - verifies data transfers NOTES
Basic usage is to start rstream on a server system, then run rstream -s server_name on a client system. By default, rstream will run a series of latency and bandwidth performance tests. Specifying a different iterations, transfer_count, or transfer_size will run a user customized test using default values where none have been specified. Because this test maps RDMA resources to userspace, users must ensure that they have available system resources and permissions. See the libibverbs README file for additional details. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7) librdmacm 2011-11-16 RSTREAM(1)