Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Recovery Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recovery Script Post 302539078 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 15th of July 2011 06:28:50 AM
Old 07-15-2011
Fine requirement. But to my knowledge files once deleted cannot be recovered Smilie as its removed from the memory once for all. If required we would be able to find if any files get deleted or not over a period of time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password recovery

We recently terminated a developer at my place of employment who created scripts on a windows server (that i do not have access to) that invoke FTP sessions on my UnixWare 7.1.1 servers. I need to know the password that is being used. Does anyone know of a good password crack? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm -r *
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password Recovery

Hi, I am new to unix and I set a password for a user and now I need to recover what that password was. Is there a way, where as root, I can view what a users passwords is? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
2 Replies

3. Solaris

crashdump recovery help

Hi all, how i recovery the files when system is crash? (using crashdump concept) regards Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murthy76
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris recovery

Some thing happened to our solaris 10 ( sparc ) box and it is not coming up now. These are some of the console messages : I assume it is not able to find very basic system libraries so i need to tell it some how to find it under /lib:/usr/lib. I booted it from the CD but now i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX DR Recovery

I will be going for a DR test next month and have few concerns regarding restoring user vg's System which will be restored is on P750 (AIX 6.1) and the DR hdwr is P570. I do have bootable mksysb of the system and also have savevg (with no data) using "savevg -r -f " for the user volume... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
5 Replies

6. AIX

Automated Disk space recovery script

Hi, I have to write a shell script for disk space recovery - We have been facing disk space shortage issues very often. d=`df -k |awk '{print $5}' | egrep "" | cut -c-2` if then echo "DISK SPACE STATUS :NOT OK" >> /backup/stats/healthcheck/SCP1_BLU_HCsummary_$dt.txt else echo "DISK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasukv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for password recovery

Hi all, I'm a complete newbie to bash scripting, although I have some experience in programming. The thing is that I have a .dmg file on my mac which I protected with a password, and now I've forgotten it. I remember the first few letters of the password and the characters that represent the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujay.jauhar
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Password recovery in login script help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hi guys. My case study is about creating a script that includes password recovery whenever a user forgets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenimesh19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to automate recovery process

Hello All! First post... I am working on a script that is used to recover a crashed drive from an rsync backup. I'm down to the place where I need to create all of the directories in /mnt where I will then mount each of the volumes and begin the restore process to each volume... I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogerBaran
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Backup and Recovery

Is it possible to take incremental backup in Linux using tar command? Please guide me. Suppose I have a directory /data. And want incremental backup. What will be the incremental "tar" command syntax? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer2002
6 Replies
Test::Script(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Test::Script(3pm)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2009-11-24 Test::Script(3pm)