Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING
Operating Systems AIX cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING Post 302538973 by kah00na on Thursday 14th of July 2011 05:01:32 PM
Old 07-14-2011
I would check with your tape library vendor and see if they can provide the devices.fcp.changer fileset. Once that is installed, it will probably work.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr and hdisk number allocation

Hi - can anybody tell me what the default behaviour is for cfgmgr when it allocates hdisk numbers to newly discovered disks in the ODM ? I want to add a disk from our FAStT700 SAN disk array and import it on our p-series (AIX 5.2). Problem is we import and export Flashcopy devices fror scripted... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosteria
5 Replies

3. AIX

cfgmgr

Hi All, I remember my old senior mentor in AIX that cfgmgr should not be terminated on your console. Because if it's terminated in the middle, the odm might get corrupted. Is that true for AIX 5.x? Regards, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

4. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

5. AIX

Dual port NIC, cfgmgr

OS: AIX 6.1 The host has a dual port NIC installed and when I went to run `cfgmgr -v` to configure it I got an error showing device packages are missing from the install: `cfgmgr -v` on 10.15.xx.xxx cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
3 Replies

6. AIX

cfgmgr in my aix box

Hi When I run cfgmgr -v in my aix box I get the below error : cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.loopback My oslevel is 6100-06-02-1044 Please assist. Please use and tags when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

7. AIX

0514-516 Device Configuration Database Lock Service

Hello guys, on one of our AIX VIO LPARs I can not remove hdiskpower devices, which seemed to presented to the VIO in an incorrect way and behaviour (not all paths can be seen, pseudo device name is unknown etc.) Therefor I decided to deattach the hdiskpower device from PowerPath controll by: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomek79
5 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cfgmgr Error

Hi, My AIX server able to detect the LUN's which is mapped from IBM v7k storage, And i allocated one more LUN from HP storage but it's appear two hdisk instead of one and it's showing incorrect LUN ID. SDDPCM driver already installed on this server. During cfgmgr, Im getting this message :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinuadmin
1 Replies
cfg_subsys_config(3)					     Library Functions Manual					      cfg_subsys_config(3)

NAME
cfg_subsys_config - Configure a subsystem LIBRARY
Configuration Management Library (libcfg.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <cfg.h> cfg_status_t cfg_subsys_config( cfg_handle_t *handle, caddr_t subsys); PARAMETERS
Structure identifying the means of communication between your application and the configuration management server. For local requests, pass NULL in this parameter. For remote requests, pass the value returned from the cfg_connect routine. Names the subsystem to be config- ured. DESCRIPTION
To initially configure a subsystem into the kernel, call the cfg_subsys_config() routine. If the subsystem is not loaded into the kernel, this routine loads the subsystem. The routine then configures the subsystem using the attribute settings from the /etc/sysconfigtab data- base. If no attributes are set in the database, the default values defined in the subsystem code are used. Each subsystem is contained in a module file named subsystem-name.mod. For example, a subsystem named mysubsystem is contained in the mysubsystem.mod module file. This module file must exist in the /subsys, /var/subsys, or /sys/BINARY directory on the system you are con- figuring. EXAMPLES
The following example illustrates the use of the cfg_subsys_config() routine: cfg_status_t retval; cfg_handle_t handle; retval = cfg_subsys_config(&handle, "vfs"); if (retval != CFG_SUCCESS) print_error(retval); In this example, the cfg_subsys_config() routine attempts to configure the vfs subsystem. If an error is returned, the corresponding error message is displayed to the application user. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, cfg_subsys_config() returns CFG_SUCCESS. Other return values indicate that an error has occurred. For infor- mation about handling return values from routines in the configuration management library, see libcfg(3). RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cfgmgr(8), sysconfig(8) Routines: cfg_subsys_reconfig(3), cfg_subsys_unconfig(3), libcfg(3) delim off cfg_subsys_config(3)