Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shared objects -urgent please help me out Post 302538752 by ksrivani on Thursday 14th of July 2011 05:52:46 AM
Old 07-14-2011
Data Shared objects -urgent please help me out

Hi All......
I have my tool in my one server lets say E1 and same tool I tried to install in E2 server so everything is fine but, while executing the my tool for example...

Code:
$ ./batch

At that time Im getting this following error.
Code:
./batch: error while loading shared libraries: libqabwvcd.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to use the command
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/program/lib

After setting this library path its working fine

Here I'm facing problem now.
If I close the server session . Again I tried to login my server with username and password and If I want to execute this tool (program) again Im getting above error.
So everytime no need to set the Path for library files.

In E1 , It's working fine. But when comes in E2 I'm getting this error.
whenever I want to run that program I should execute the export LD_LIBRARY_PATH command then only I'm able to execute it.

Is it because of again In E2 also we have to compile that program and shall I create the executable file for this program separately?

Please help me out for this issue.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
K Srivani

Last edited by pludi; 07-14-2011 at 07:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Runtime Linking shared Objects

I'm runtime linking (dlopen and dlsym) to a shared object (library) I've created and after a number of function calls into the library the program core dumps (Illegal operation). This only occurs during runtime linking. If I use the same library and dynamically link during compile time everything... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dneely
3 Replies

2. Programming

Shared memory and C++ Objects (cont)

I asked the next question in a former thread : Can I safely share objects that have virtual functions (i.e. have virtual function table pointers) between two processes ? Where will the pointers point to in each process ? The objects are supposed to reside in shared memory I received a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seeker
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shared Objects

Hi Friends ! I have a library, say libxyz.a. To view all the object files in the archive, i issued the command : ar -t libxyz.a which displayed all the object files it contains. Now, I would like to know the functions in each object file. Is there any such command that displays... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
3 Replies

4. Programming

Linking with shared objects

hi all ! Do I need all the shared objects to be present while compiling my code which has reference to a only one shared object, which in turn refers to another shared object. for example I want to compile example.c which refers to sample.so sample.so has refrence to anothersample.so do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shared Objects

Hi. Does anyone know by how much a text size of an executable(on ibm) would grow if you link one shared object(library)? Is it a constant number or it depends on a .so that is linked? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yura
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

debugging shared objects

Hi, i am trying to debug a binary which is using a shared lib. but i could not succeed in tracking the code flow in the classes defined in this library. i get: class MyClass <opaque> error i followed the instructions in the link below:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
0 Replies

7. AIX

Wrong Shared objects getting loaded

I have two envoirmets(Envoirment A and Envoirment B) running on same server(AIX vesion 5.3).Both have different groups.I am facing a strange problem.Shared objects of one envoirment (Envoirment A)are getting loaded into the second(Envoirment B).So the servers that have dependency on shared objects... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin@tcs
2 Replies

8. Programming

g++ with -frepo and shared objects...

G'day, I have been working with a large application that makes extensive use of templates. When compiled under Unix (with g++), this sees some rather impressive bloat. I have been trying to make a temporary quick-fix by using the -frepo option, which results in dramatically smaller shared... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

9. Programming

Creation and Accessing Shared Objects (.so)

Hi, I am looking for references about creating and accessing Shared Objects (.so) through C/C++ on Unix / Linux platforms. Is it possible and where can I find the info. Thanks Phil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phil nascimento
1 Replies

10. Linux

Make file for shared objects

dear Experts, please help, actually i am trying to create a .so(shared object through make file through ld) i am not understaning how to proceed i have tried like through command like i can do it in 2 step like my progam :test2.c $gcc -fPIC -c test2.c $ld -shared -soname test2.so -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies
CDDB-TOOL(1)						      General Commands Manual						      CDDB-TOOL(1)

NAME
cddb-tool - Get CDDB information SYNOPSIS
cddb-tool parse file [-i|-d|-a|-t] [num|-c|-p] cddb-tool template disc-id tracks cddb-tool send [file] address cddb-tool query server user host disc-id tracks cddb-tool read server user host disc-id genre cddb-tool help DESCRIPTION
cddb-tool is a backend tool for abcde. It is passed information from cd-discid and uses it look up the CD title, artist, and track informa- tion on the cddb database (http://freedb.freedb.org) on the internet. COMMANDS
parse [file] option Get data out of a cddb file (use "-" for stdin). Options (use one and only one): id prints disc id album prints album title track num prints title of track num artist prints artist category prints category cddbgenre synonym for category all parse file and dumps to stdout in a form sourceable by the shell send [file] address Mails file file (or stdin of no file specified) to specified address, using correct format. Category should be one of blues, classical, country, data, folk, jazz, newage, reggae, rock, soundtrack, misc. template [disc-id] [tracks] Generates a template (empty) cddb file to stdout. The command line should be essentially the output of cd-discid. query [server] [user] [host] [disc-id] [tracks] Looks up disc on server (should be of form "http://host/cddb/cddb.cgi") remainder of command line is in the same form as that returned by the cd-discid program. Uses wget, so if you need to use a proxy then just configure wget to do so. user and host will be used for identify- ing ourselves to the CDDB server. Outputs response code and entries with matching CDDB entries, if successful, from the CDDB server. read [server] [user] [host] [disc-id] [genre] Dumps CDDB entry to stdout. File will contain an extra #CATEGORY= line, which leaves it a valid CDDB file but which will be recognized by parse and send commands. Uses wget, so if you need to use a proxy then just configure wget to do so. user and host will be used for identi- fying ourselves to the CDDB server. help Prints usage information. AUTHOR
Nathaniel Smith <njs@uclink4.berkeley.edu>, maintained as part of abcde by Robert Woodcock <rcw@debian.org>. Manual page compiled from help information by Robert Woodcock. CDDB-TOOL(1)