Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ignore Header and Footer and Sort the data in fixed width file Post 302538748 by zaxxon on Thursday 14th of July 2011 05:48:10 AM
Old 07-14-2011
Since my edit function is not working - here a short addition: The delimeter with sort ("|") is not used, you can leave it out in your example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of lines w/out header and footer incude for a file

I am trying to get a total number of tapes w/out headers or footers in a ERV file and append it to the file. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh dat=`date +"%b%d_%Y"` + date +%b%d_%Y dat=Nov16_2006 tapemgr="/export/home/legato/tapemgr/rpts"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete header row and reformat from tab delimited to fixed width

Hello gurus, I have a file in a tab delimited format and a header row. I need a code to delete the header in the file, and convert the file to a fixed width format, with all the columns aligned. Below is a sample of the file:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a report file having header and footer

I am having report file with header and footer . The details in between header and footer are separated by a pipe charater. I want to sort the file by considering multiple columns in between header and footer. pls help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file

Is there any command to eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to sum up data in fixed width file with decimal point?

HI Everyone, I have below source file AAA|NAME1|ADDRESS1|300.20 BBB|NAME2|ADDRESS2|400.31 CCC|NAME3|ADDRESS3|300.34 I have requirement where I need to sum up fourth field in above fixed width pipe delimited flat file. When I use below code, it gives me value 1001.00 But I am expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patricjemmy6
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue splitting a fixed-width file containing line feed in data

Hi Forum. I have the following script that splits a large fixed-width file into smaller multiple fixed-width files based on input segment type. The main command in the script is: awk -v search_col_pos=$search_col_pos -v search_str_len=$search_str_len -v segment_type="$segment_type"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
8 Replies
CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)						CDBS Documentation						CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
cdbs-edit-patch - create or edit a CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch SYNOPSIS
cdbs-edit-patch patchname DESCRIPTION
cdbs-edit-patch creates or edits patches for use by the CDBS simple-patchsys.mk patch system. For more information about CDBS please see the documentation under /usr/share/doc/cdbs/. When patchname exists, cdbs-edit-patch will set up a temporary working source tree, apply all patches up to and including patchname in lex- icographic order, and spawn an interactive shell for the developer. The developer can then edit files in this working tree. When the developer is done and exits the shell, cdbs-edit-patch updates patchname to reflect the changes made. To abort the process from the inter- active shell, exit with a nonzero exit value. When patchname does not exist, cdbs-edit-patch will assume that a new patch should be created. As with the above scenario, cdbs-edit-patch will first create a temporary working source tree and apply all patches up to the new patch in lexicographic order. When the shell is quit, cdbs-edit-patch will create patchname. AUTHOR
CDBS was written by Colin Walters and others. cdbs-edit-patch was written by Martin Pitt. This manual page was written by Peter Eisen- traut based on the dpatch-edit-patch(1) manual page. SEE ALSO
CDBS documentation in /usr/share/doc/cdbs/, /usr/share/cdbs/1/rules/simple-patchsys.mk, dpatch-edit-patch(1), quilt(1) Debian 5 Feb 2006 CDBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)