Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [SQL] Insert content file to mysql Post 302538606 by zvtral on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 01:15:27 PM
Old 07-13-2011
[SQL] Insert content file to mysql

dear all,
i want to insert string in file to mysql i just want how to do that cause i am poor in sql languages ...
so this file like this
DATA.txt
Code:
doni|student|westjava|123412|lombok|
iwan|student|westjava|1234412|utankayu|
rio|student|westjava|12342|cempedak|

so i want insert DATA.txt to table in mysql like this

table in mysql
Code:
|id| name | status | kota | phone | address |
|1|doni|student|westjava|123412|lombok|
|2|iwan|student|westjava|1234412|utankayu|
|3|rio|student|eastjava|12342|cempedak|

how i can do that if i want content in DATA.txt will insert in table like above
thx for advice

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert file content via sed after two searchings

Hi folks, The file webcache.xml contains a lot sections which begins and ends with the string </CACHEABILITYRULE>. The section In need to deel with is: </CACHEABILITYRULE> <CACHEABILITYRULE NAME="cache swf" CACHE="YES" COMMENT="This rule caches all .swf files. This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert data into MYSql database from a text file

Hi, Need to get help from you guys about this issue. I need to insert data into MySql database from a text file which is located in other server. The text file is something look like below: Date | SubscriberNo | Call Duration 20/7/07 | 123456788 | 20 20/7/07 | 123412344 | 30 The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirleyeow
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to break mysql dump sql file

Hi folks I have mysql dump which having insert queries, i want to break that file when 10 complete "INSERTS" lines so extract that line and store in 1.sql and 2.sql and for next 10 insert lines. pls guide me how can i do that. Regards, Bash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Insert data into sql queries from a file

Hello friends, I need to insert data from a file to another. I need this to form an sql query file which will consist of 50.000 INSERT INTO sentences. my sql query file will consist of 50.000 times the below line consecutively: insert into subscriber... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert file into sql insert stmt

My file is now cleaned, sanitized & prepped: 07/07/2008 21:18:51 Installation 52016 complete *BUT NOTHING CHANGED* 07/21/2008 15:28:15 Removal 52016 complete 07/21/2008 15:34:15 Removal 55856 complete 12/08/2009 19:30:40 Installation 62323 complete 12/08/2009 19:39:06 Installation ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed insert content of file.txt to multi files

Ive this sed & find command find /home/www/ -name footer.php -exec sed -i 's/<\/body>/file.txt\n<\/body>/' what I need to place content of file.txt before </body> in all footer.php files file.txt content is google analytic script which is like 7 lines any help to adjust my command to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmoe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of a file to another file at a line number which is given by third file

Hi friends, here is my problem. I have three files like this.. cat file1.txt ======= unix is best unix is best linux is best unix is best linux is best linux is best unix is best unix is best cat file2.txt ======== Windows performs better Mac OS performs better Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of file before the first occurrence of a line starts with a pattern in another file

Hi all, I'm new to scripting.. facing some problems while inserting content of a file into another file... I want to insert content of a file (file2) into file1, before first occurrence of "line starts with pattern" in file1 file1 ====== working on linux its unix world working on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert content from file 1 to file 2 in specific criteria meet

Hi , I'm looking for some code that can copy and paste form file1 to file2 with 2 criterial meet. file1: test "sp-j1" test "sp-j2" test "sp-j3" test "sp-j4" file2: sub Pre_Shorts1 (Status_Code, Message$) global Status !if Message$ <> "" then print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
3 Replies
MYSQLDUMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MYSQLDUMP(1)

NAME
mysqldump - text-based client for dumping or backing up mysql databases , tables and or data. USAGE
mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3...] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS] OPTION SYNOPSIS
mysqldump [-A|--all-databases] [-a|--all] [-#|--debug=...] [--character-sets-dir=...] [-?|--help] [-B|--databases] [-c|--complete-insert] [-C|--compress] [--default-character-set=...] [-e|--extended-insert] [--add-drop-table] [--add-locks] [--allow-keywords] [--delayed- insert] [-F|--flush-logs] [-f|--force] [-h|--host=...] [-l|--lock-tables] [-n|--no-create-db] [-t|--no-create-info] [-d|--no-data] [-O|--set-variablevar=option] [--opt] [-p|--password[=...]] [-P|--port=...] [-q|--quick] [-Q|--quote-names] [-S|--socket=...] [--tables] [-T|--tab=...] [-u|--user=#] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-w|--where=] [--delayed] [-e|--extended-insert] [--fields-terminated-by=...] [--fields-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-escaped-by=...] [--lines-terminated-by=...] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M] DESCRIPTION
Dumping definition and data mysql database or table mysqldump supports by executing -A|--all-databases Dump all the databases. This will be same as --databases with all databases selected. -a|--all Include all MySQL specific create options. -#|--debug=... Output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename`. --character-sets-dir=... Directory where character sets are -?|--help Display this help message and exit. -B|--databases To dump several databases. Note the difference in usage; In this case no tables are given. All name arguments are regarded as databasenames. -c|--complete-insert Use complete insert statements. -C|--compress Use compression in server/client protocol. --default-character-set=... Set the default character set -e|--extended-insert Allows utilization of the new, much faster INSERT syntax. --add-drop-table Add a 'drop table' before each create. --add-locks Add locks around insert statements. --allow-keywords Allow creation of column names that are keywords. --delayed-insert Insert rows with INSERT DELAYED. -F|--flush-logs Flush logs file in server before starting dump. -f|--force Continue even if we get an sql-error. -h|--host=... Connect to host. -l|--lock-tables Lock all tables for read. -n|--no-create-db will not be put in the output. The above line will be added otherwise, if --databases or --all-databases option was given. -t|--no-create-info Don't write table creation info. -d|--no-data No row information. -O|--set-variable var=option give a variable a value. --help lists variables --opt Same as --add-drop-table --add-locks --all --extended-insert --quick --lock-tables -p|--password[=...] Password to use when connecting to server. If password is not given it's solicited on the tty. -P|--port=... Port number to use for connection. -q|--quick Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout. -Q|--quote-names Quote table and column names with ` -S|--socket=... Socket file to use for connection. --tables Overrides option --databases(-B). -T|--tab=... Creates tab separated textfile for each table to given path. (creates .sql and .txt files). NOTE: This only works if mysqldump is run on the same machine as the mysqld daemon. -u|--user=# User for login if not current user. -v|--verbose Print info about the various stages. -V|--version Output version information and exit. -w|--where= dump only selected records; QUOTES mandatory! --delayed Insert rows with the INSERT DELAYED command. -e|--extended-insert Use the new multiline INSERT syntax. (Gives more compact and faster inserts statements.) --fields-terminated-by=... --fields-enclosed-by=... --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=... --fields-escaped-by=... --lines-terminated-by=... These options are used with the -T option and have the same meaning as the corresponding clauses for LOAD DATA INFILE. See Mysql manual section 7.23 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax. -v|--verbose Verbose mode. Print out more information on what the program does. -V|--version Print version information and exit. -O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M When creating multi-row-insert statements (as with option --extended-insert or --opt ), mysqldump will create rows up to net_buf- fer_length length. If you increase this variable, you should also ensure that the max_allowed_packet variable in the MySQL server is bigger than the net_buffer_length. EXAMPLES
The most normal use of mysqldump is probably for making a backup of whole databases. See Mysql Manual section 21.2 Database Backups. mysqldump --opt database > backup-file.sql You can read this back into MySQL with: mysql database < backup-file.sql or mysql -e 'source /patch-to-backup/backup-file.sql' database However, it's also very useful to populate another MySQL server with information from a database: mysqldump --opt database | mysql --host=remote-host -C database It is possible to dump several databases with one command: mysqldump --databases database1 [ database2 database3... ] > my_databases.sql If all the databases are wanted, one can use: mysqldump --all-databases > all_databases.sql SEE ALSO
isamchk (1), isamlog (1), mysqlaccess (1), mysqladmin (1), mysqlbug (1), mysqld (1), mysqldump (1), mysqlshow (1), msql2mysql (1), perror (1), replace (1), safe_mysqld (1), which1 (1), zap (1), AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 3.23.29a Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@tcx.se), TCX Datakonsult AB (http://www.tcx.se). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mer- curmedia.com) 19 December 2000 MYSQLDUMP(1)