Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZPOOL help..
Operating Systems Solaris ZPOOL help.. Post 302538459 by ningy on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 04:13:39 AM
Old 07-13-2011
did u try just detaching the disk and attaching back to the pool ??

Quote:
zpool detach poolname diskname

zpool attach poolname diskname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove the exported zpool

I had a pool which was exported and due to some issues on my SAN i was never able to import it again. Can anyone tell me how can i destroy the exported pool to free up the LUN. I tried to create a new pool on the same pool but it gives me following error # zpool create emcpool4 emcpower0c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Amount of LUNs used for zpool

Hi folks, is there any rule or best practise for amount of LUNs user for zpool construction (from view of performance etc.)?? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
4 Replies

4. Solaris

zpool hasn't expanded

Hi Guys, I have a raidz zpool that consists of four disks. 2x2TB, 1x1TB and 1x0.75TB. Originally it was only 1x1TB, 3x0.75TB, and I had around 1.7TB of storage capacity. I've just switched out two of the 0.75TB disks for the 2x2TB ones. I did this one at a time and now the resilvering is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zpool query

Hi, I have an X86pc with Solaris 10 and ZFS system. It has 8 similar disks. I need help in creating some zpools and changing the mount-point of a slice. Currently, the zpool in my system is like this: root@abcxxx>zpool status pool: rpool state: ONLINE scrub: none requested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to tell what disks are used for a zpool?

Hello, Does anyone know how I can tell what disk are being not being used by a zpool? For example in Veritas Volume manager, I can run a "vxdisk list" and disks that are marked as "online invalid" are disk that are not used. I'm looking for a similar command in ZFS which will easily show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinoau
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Shrinking zpool

Hello experts, I have a solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10 Generic_148888-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise) that by mistake I added a second san space of 700g to the pool. the whole pool is now 1.2T and, I need to take the space away from the pool and, make the pool 700g total. this is live oracle... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Zpool device weirdness

Weird duplicate device in one of my nested raidz1s - device is shown as both online and unavailable, with a hot spare showing up as degraded as well. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? root@storage# zpool status tank pool: tank state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoohanMcGirk
6 Replies

9. BSD

Zpool problem

Hi I have a problem with size on zfs filesystem on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3. When I do this: free01# df -Th Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ufs/FreeNASdde ufs 926M 826M 26M 97% / devfs devfs ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primo102
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Zpool mirroring

Now this doesnt look right to me. All of these disks are 100Gb LUNS so total zpool size is 300Gb. Am I right in saying that this zpool consists of two disks plus one more disk that is 6 way mirrored? So a bit pointless because only one of the three is mirrored (and 6 way is a bit of overkill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
scmadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						scmadm(1M)

NAME
scmadm - storage cache manager administration utility SYNOPSIS
scmadm scmadm -h scmadm -e scmadm -d scmadm -v scmadm -C [parameter [= [value]]...] scmadm -o {system | cd | device} [option] scmadm -m {cd | diskname | all} DESCRIPTION
The scmadm command provides various options for controlling and gathering information about a storage device cache. OPTIONS
If no options are specified, scmadm displays a list of configured cache descriptors with disknames, options, and global options. The scmadm command supports the following options: -h Displays usage information for the scmadm command. -e Reads the configuration and enables the storage device cache with those parameters. See dscfg(1M). -d Shuts down the storage device cache. -v Displays the cache version number. -C [parameter[=[value]] ...] Sets or displays the configuration parameters. If the -C option is specified with no arguments the current cache configuration parame- ters are displayed. If parameter is specified, the current value of parameter is displayed. If parameter=value is specified, the cur- rent value of parameter is displayed and the parameter is changed to value. If value is omitted, or if value is specified as the null string, " ", or as "-", the parameter is deleted from the configuration and the system uses the default value. Multiple parameters can be specified in a single invocation of the scmadm command. A change in a configuration parameter takes effect only when the cache is next restarted. -o { system | cd | diskname } [option] Sets or displays the options for the system or for the cache device specified by cd or diskname. If the option rdcache or nordcache is specified, the system or specified cache device is set to that option. The option is saved as part of the configuration so that the option persists. See dscfg(1M). To notify the system to "forget" about a saved option, use the forget option. This does not change the option; it just removes the option from the saved configuration. If no option is specified, current options are displayed. The rdcache option is set as the default. The options are defined as follows: rdcache Data blocks are likely to be referenced again and should remain in cache. nordcache Data blocks are unlikely to be referenced again and should be treated as least recently used, so that other blocks can remain in the cache longer. -m { cd | diskname | all } Displays the cache descriptor and diskname map for the device specified by cd or diskname or, if you specify all, displays the cache descriptors and diskname map for all storage devices on the system. EXIT STATUS
The scmadm command returns 0 for success, non-zero for error. FILES
/dev/sdbc ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscmr, SUNWscmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dscfg(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
scmadm fails if there is insufficient contiguous memory. SunOS 5.11 3 August 2006 scmadm(1M)