Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ZPOOL help..
Operating Systems Solaris ZPOOL help.. Post 302538459 by ningy on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 04:13:39 AM
Old 07-13-2011
did u try just detaching the disk and attaching back to the pool ??

Quote:
zpool detach poolname diskname

zpool attach poolname diskname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

need zpool to revert...

hi i have created a pool using zpool command for my /dev/dsk/c1d0s3 disk. The poolname is qwertyuiopasdfghjklmnbvcxzzxcvbnmasdfghjklqwertyuiopoiuytrewqasdfghjklkjhgfdsazxcvbnmmnbnbcxczxzassd ddddvfhfghgjjgjhgkhkljfjlhohihiuyuioyguioyguiowyuiogwyuigwrigywuigyguiyuiogyugiyguioyuyguiowygiuygui... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SankarV
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove the exported zpool

I had a pool which was exported and due to some issues on my SAN i was never able to import it again. Can anyone tell me how can i destroy the exported pool to free up the LUN. I tried to create a new pool on the same pool but it gives me following error # zpool create emcpool4 emcpower0c... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Amount of LUNs used for zpool

Hi folks, is there any rule or best practise for amount of LUNs user for zpool construction (from view of performance etc.)?? THX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brusell
4 Replies

4. Solaris

zpool hasn't expanded

Hi Guys, I have a raidz zpool that consists of four disks. 2x2TB, 1x1TB and 1x0.75TB. Originally it was only 1x1TB, 3x0.75TB, and I had around 1.7TB of storage capacity. I've just switched out two of the 0.75TB disks for the 2x2TB ones. I did this one at a time and now the resilvering is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zpool query

Hi, I have an X86pc with Solaris 10 and ZFS system. It has 8 similar disks. I need help in creating some zpools and changing the mount-point of a slice. Currently, the zpool in my system is like this: root@abcxxx>zpool status pool: rpool state: ONLINE scrub: none requested... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to tell what disks are used for a zpool?

Hello, Does anyone know how I can tell what disk are being not being used by a zpool? For example in Veritas Volume manager, I can run a "vxdisk list" and disks that are marked as "online invalid" are disk that are not used. I'm looking for a similar command in ZFS which will easily show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinoau
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Shrinking zpool

Hello experts, I have a solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10 Generic_148888-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise) that by mistake I added a second san space of 700g to the pool. the whole pool is now 1.2T and, I need to take the space away from the pool and, make the pool 700g total. this is live oracle... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Zpool device weirdness

Weird duplicate device in one of my nested raidz1s - device is shown as both online and unavailable, with a hot spare showing up as degraded as well. Any thoughts on how I should proceed? root@storage# zpool status tank pool: tank state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DoohanMcGirk
6 Replies

9. BSD

Zpool problem

Hi I have a problem with size on zfs filesystem on FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE-p3. When I do this: free01# df -Th Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ufs/FreeNASdde ufs 926M 826M 26M 97% / devfs devfs ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: primo102
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Zpool mirroring

Now this doesnt look right to me. All of these disks are 100Gb LUNS so total zpool size is 300Gb. Am I right in saying that this zpool consists of two disks plus one more disk that is 6 way mirrored? So a bit pointless because only one of the three is mirrored (and 6 way is a bit of overkill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
ramdisk(7D)							      Devices							       ramdisk(7D)

NAME
ramdisk - RAM disk device driver SYNOPSIS
ramdisk@0:diskname DESCRIPTION
The ramdisk driver supports numerous ramdisk devices that are created by the system during the boot process (see boot(1M)) or during nor- mal system operation (see ramdiskadm(1M) for more information). DEVICE SPECIAL FILES
Each ramdisk can be accessed either as a block device or as a raw device. When accessed as a block device, the normal buffering mechanism is used when reading from and writing to the device, without regard to physical disk records. Accessing the ramdisk as a raw device enables direct transmission between the disk and the read or write buffer. A single read or write call usually results in a single I/O operation, meaning that raw I/O is more efficient when many bytes are transmitted. You can find block files names in /dev/ramdisk. Raw file names are found in /dev/rramdisk. There are no alignment or length restrictions on I/O requests to either block or character devices. ERRORS
EFAULT The argument features a bad address. EINVAL Invalid argument. EIO. An I/O error occurred. EPERM Cannot create or delete a ramdisk without write permission on /dev/ramdiskctl. ENOTTY The device does not support the requested ioctl function. ENXIO The device did not exist during opening. EBUSY Cannot exclusively open /dev/ramdiskctl. One or more ramdisks are still open. EEXIST A ramdisk with the indicated name already exists. EAGAIN Cannot allocate resource for ramdisk. Try again later. FILES
/dev/ramdisk/diskname Block device for ramdisk named diskname. /dev/rramdisk/diskname Raw device for ramdisk name diskname /kernel/drv/ramdisk 32-bit driver /kernel/drv/ramdisk.conf Driver configuration file. (Do not alter). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/ramdisk 64-bit driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ramdiskadm(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), newfs(1M), driver.conf(4), filesystem(5), dkio(7I) NOTES
The percentage of available physical memory that can be allocated to ramdisks is constrained by the variable rd_percent_physmem. You can tune the rd_percent_physmem variable in /etc/system. By default, the percentage of available physical memory that can be allocated to ramdisks is fixed at 25%. A ramdisk may not be the best possible use of system memory. Accordingly, use ramdisks only when absolutely necessary. SunOS 5.10 04 Mar 2003 ramdisk(7D)